Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 07 CCSB with 137k miles. Got 155/30 injectors, KC Stage 1 turbo, SCT livewire with custom tunes from Warren Diesel. No Check Engine light or codes of any kind.

It's really laggy. I stayed small with the turbo because I wanted it responsive. When the boost comes up, it is so abrupt the truck will smoke its tires. Then I can hold 28 psi. Everything that I am finding about boost leaks and pre-turbo exhaust leaks is that not only will it lag, but it will come up very slowly, not on/off like mine. I made a boost leak detector and couldn't find a leak. Then I put it on the downpipe and came up clean there too, other than the DP connection itself. I can't find any soot anywhere.

The EGTs are difficult to control while towing too. I live in Colorado at 6000' elevation, so a little lag is expected. Warren Diesel has sent me revisions to the tune and one of them helped a little bit, but nowhere near where I think it should be. I don't know if they maybe don't have much experience in high elevation tuning, or if it is something else. EBP sensor maybe? But wouldn't that throw a code?

BTW, I'm not ragging on Warren Diesel. Their customer service has been top notch. I called Gearhead and asked about tunes and they think they can help. But if the tune isn't the problem in the first place, then that's not going to do anything.

Anyone have any experience? The power comes on like a light switch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I pulled up the EBP readout on the Livewire and it is reading about 53psi warm at idle and 40psi KOEO. Yes, I made sure it was psi and not kpa. That is obviously way high.

BUT... I've found through my search that SCT's EBP pid is completely wrong.
BUT... All those posts are from 2015 or earlier. Did SCT fix it in the last 5 years? Mine is brand new.

So I plugged in my scan tool. Aaaaaand it doesn't have an EBP pid. Great.

I ordered a new sensor and tube. Can't hurt, right?

I also pulled the trigger on 2 Gearhead tunes. I liked what they had to offer better anyway. Hopefully between the tunes and the new sensor it will run better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts