Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the GV installed and took it for a test spin. Its gonna be sweet.

1125 RPM @ 60 MPH and it still will out-accelerate some cars.

475 degrees (pre)

Got a few issues to work out on one drive shaft but I should be getting used to it by the end of the week.

I'll start re-baselining it the following week. In set the alignment at exactlt zero camber and zero toe-in, and chamfered off my swelled front brake pads, so I have to reset the baseline for a fair test.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Finally got the GV installed and took it for a test spin. Its gonna be sweet.

1125 RPM @ 60 MPH and it still will out-accelerate some cars.

475 degrees (pre)

Got a few issues to work out on one drive shaft but I should be getting used to it by the end of the week.

I'll start re-baselining it the following week. In set the alignment at exactlt zero camber and zero toe-in, and chamfered off my swelled front brake pads, so I have to reset the baseline for a fair test.

Soon you will have to turn the idle down just to keep the speed limit LOL

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
how did you do the drive lines? I have been wanting to do this to my 450 so i can actually do 75-80 mph and get some decent mpg highway. Do you have any pics of the GV in? Where did you find the unit any ways?

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
your 2wd right?

·
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most cities have drive line shops that can fabricate and balance drive shafts.

I ordered the unit from GV direct.

Yes, I'm 4x2 and that made for a more expensive and difficult installation as the overdrive is "divorced" - that is hanging out by itself and requires two drive shafts. 4x4 installations bolt at the back of the transfer case. I'll post a least a couple of pix shortly.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
well that answers some questions for me:postwhore2:
cant wait to see initial results!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
So i can put a gears vendor on y 4x4 and it will get lower RPM's? I roll 2000rpm at 65

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
how did you do the drive lines? I have been wanting to do this to my 450 so i can actually do 75-80 mph and get some decent mpg highway. Do you have any pics of the GV in? Where did you find the unit any ways?
Got a freind that put a GV in his 450 when he did the cummins conversion its nice . And yeah his truck is 4x4 .

1 - 20 of 136 Posts