Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I had the SES light come on while pulling a load (<8K) up a long incline - rpms never made it above 3, if that; EGT stayed below 10. Once we reached the top of the hill and dropped RPMs, the light went off. It didn't come on at any other time during the trip, but if I haul anything anywhere I have to go up this hill to get back home, so I'd like to find the root problem and fix it asap.

I have a call in to my mechanic, but he's a PT'er and won't be able to check it for a couple days.

TIA!

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Sounds like it might be the not enough hpop, not being able to maintain icp.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
hpop might be getting weak.

clydesdale beat me to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be a weak HPOP. What kind of boost numbers were you pulling going up the hill?
Maybe 20, 25 max, I think. Memory is a little foggy.

·
<-- it's like that
6,567 Posts
After you crested the hill and got out of the pedal (and the truck wasn't under load), how long did the SES light stay on?

If it was on for about 30 seconds, it was probably an overboost code.

If it was on for about 2 minutes, it was probably an ICP code as the others have mentioned already.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
i use to get that when i had the "10K mod" but it would stay on for a few min to 15 min. depending.

could never pull the code though, and it would go out if you shut the key off and turned it back on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts