Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here!

I just recently picked up my first Powerstroke. It's a 95 F-Super Duty cab and chassis. Something is up with the fuel gauge, and I'm trying to run it to ground. It's showing well past full. I got under the truck tonight and noticed that one of the wires on the top of the unit has pulled out of the plug, and I'm trying to figure out which wire it is. Can anyone supply me with a diagram as to what wire does what? It was almost dark when I noticed this so I wasn't able to really dig into it. I found this sending unit online, and it says that it doesn't fit the plastic tank, but the wires on the top of it SEEM to be the same. The green wire (far right in the picture) is the one that's pulled out. Anybody able to shed any light on my issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The more I look at it, the more that wire looks gray to me. I'm legit partially colorblind, so don't fault me for that lol. Regardless, that's my problem child right now. I've been searching all over the internet and I just can't find any sort of wiring diagrams for this thing. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Here's the 97 wiring diagram. 94-97 are the same. Note the Diesel diagram only shows two wires for each of the sending units. The gas diagram has an additional two wires shown for each sending unit for the integral pump (which the diesels don't have). Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, after doing some more looking today in the sunlight I was mistaken about the pulled out wire. That was a mix of old electrical tape and pine needles giving the look of frayed wires. I did, however confirm that there are 4 wires coming out of the sending unit going to the plug, but the vehicle harness only has 2 wires going to that plug. So, am I to assume that 2 of the wires from the sending unit aren't used? Or has someone put in a sending unit from a gasser? My fuel gauge is stuck past "Full" and I'm just trying to troubleshoot this one before spending almost $500 on a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts