Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do a WMO/SVO setup and I want to do it myself. I like the idea of a centrifuge and the idea of how used motor oil is so easy to find. I found some centrifuges and pumps, and I can get ahold of a used 1/3 to 1/2 HP motor to save some money. I have an OBS 7.3 which has dual tanks, do you have to heat WMO like you do SVO? If you do what is the best type of heating system I can get cheap or make myself? It seems like I can do this for pretty cheap, so cheap that it almost doesn't seem right...If I am thinking completely wrong just let me know, lol. I don't really care how many GPH it's putting out either.

Here is the centrifuge and pump that I found:
60 GPH CENTRIFUGE for WVO/ BIODIESEL - eBay (item 280516130666 end time Jun-10-10 02:43:35 PDT)
New Waste Oil Transfer Pump,Biodiesel,WVO,SVO,Hydraulic - eBay (item 130397514050 end time Jun-09-10 21:10:05 PDT)

Thanks Guys!:D

·
Registered
531 Posts
the only heating I do is before it goes thru the CF. After that it sits in an outdoor skid tank until needed. One of my trucks sits in an unheated shop during the winter while my truck spends each night in my basement garage that seldom drops below 55*. I always mix 50/50 (WMO/diesel). With this I have had ZERO problems between the 2 trucks,one at 65k and the other at 35k running this mix

·
DON
147 Posts
where are you all geting used motor oil from

·
Registered
531 Posts
where are you all geting used motor oil from
check with anyone that changes a lot of oil in your area, especially the mom and pop guys. The bigger they are the more likely that it is spoken for.
I found a guy that does tractor repair on a minor scale who took the used oil in the containers that held the fresh oil previously and threw it into the trash.Now it is put to good use.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello gentlemen. I have filtered some W.M.O. myself in the last six months. Iam interested in upgrading to a centrafuge,and am interested in the smaller type Squirrelstroker mentions.I currently use 5 to 10 gallons per week.These smaller units must spin off the flow of the incoming fluid making a seperate pump necessary.If this is true please let me know, and any other advise would be appreciated.Thanks

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hello gentlemen. I have filtered some W.M.O. myself in the last six months. Iam interested in upgrading to a centrafuge,and am interested in the smaller type Squirrelstroker mentions.I currently use 5 to 10 gallons per week.These smaller units must spin off the flow of the incoming fluid making a seperate pump necessary.If this is true please let me know, and any other advise would be appreciated.Thanks
At what ratio are you mixing? 50/50 has worked well for me. If you can find a good source of used tranny fluid then I would be looking at a 75/25 ATF/diesel blend myself. The cleaner the WMO is helps to simplyfy the process, even tho a CF can clean some real dirty oil in a few passes.If the oil comes from a good source there will be little residue in the CF.
I know nothing of the CF you are refering to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for your advise cantrellc123 i run 5Gal. to 10 or 12 of diesel according to room in tank. I would like to be more aggressive on the ratio and locating more sources,but i feel i need to do a better job of cleaning it. At the rate i will use it the more expensive CF set ups will have too long a payback time. Just lookin for smaller more affordable unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts