Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
7.3 stroked edition
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used these products if so what your experience with them? Im mainly looking at the black sem rust-shield to paint my frame and axles to clean things up. Considering my options berfore i buy the stuff

Thanks, Jared

·
Boost Gets You Laid
160 Posts
I am currently considering doing an Eastwood paint kit. I have used them in the past and they offer very good products. I have not used SEM.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
SEM makes good products but i have never used their rust stuff

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I'm in the process of doing my frame and diffs with SEM Rust shield. I also bought a quart of SEM Rust-Mort as well. All I can say is that after using all the different options out there SEM products are by FAR the best.

I would recommend SEM.

·
Registered
244 Posts
did you do a frame off or leave the cab and all on? I'd like to have my frame media blasted and painted, just lots of work stripping it down.

·
7.3 stroked edition
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys

Jared

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I have the cab and everything on. I hand brush painted it. It levels out well to hide brush marks. But I did pull the front diff out, engine out, and I will be pulling the bed off as well. So I had a little easier access to get to some areas.

I would've loved to get it all blasted but I just don't have the room (at the moment) to tear it that far apart.

·
Registered
775 Posts
my dads a painter/body man and even though i dont really like that stuff ive worked in the body shop he works at a few times and SEM is all we use for rust. he has a shop at home too and we use it there as well. very good product.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts