·
Registered
674 Posts
Doesn't look good?
It looks disasterous...
That's all the 6.7L has with a tune?
Geez..

Matt or Mike,
Tell me there's a lot more to be had, please???

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
Doesn't look good?
It looks disasterous...
Geez..

Matt or Mike,
The tuner this guy is run is canned. H&S is good for the daily user, but us HP junkies need something custom.
Innovative was already throwing down higher numbers than the H&S box and Eric is only getting farther into development with that :evil

·
Registered
200 Posts
Doesn't look good?
It looks disasterous...
Geez..

Matt or Mike,
The 6.4 didn't even have any good tunes out at this point when it was a new motor and had only been out about 8-9 months.

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
i raced a custom tuned dmax when i had my 6.4 running ID xstreet from a dig even in 2wd i dominated him but from a 60 roll he pulled on me some... i was putting down prolly 75 more hp on the xstreet but the dmax weighed around 1100+ lbs less so you gotta take that into consideration too..... however i dont know what the 11s weigh in at?

·
Registered
674 Posts
The 6.4 didn't even have any good tunes out at this point when it was a new motor and had only been out about 8-9 months.
Yes and no.
The 210 Spartan tune was developed early, with the 250 not far behind. The hold up was the delivery of the Dashdaq.

What troubles me is something a tuner told me months ago, and that was the turbo may not support the same increases that we saw with the 6.4L.
I hope they are wrong, or I hope that an aftermarket turbo will be developed.

·
Registered
674 Posts
i raced a custom tuned dmax when i had my 6.4 running ID xstreet from a dig even in 2wd i dominated him but from a 60 roll he pulled on me some... i was putting down prolly 75 more hp on the xstreet but the dmax weighed around 1100+ lbs less so you gotta take that into consideration too..... however i dont know what the 11s weigh in at?
The Fords are definitely heavier.
What tune were you running?

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
It's already been stated on here a bunch, the turbo is a weakness for the 6.7 in trying to make big hp.

·
Registered
23 Posts
NO they are NOT.... Not by much anyway 2011 Dmax is within a 100 to 200lbs of the new Ford acording to all the specs and the DP comparisons

The new Dmax picked up roughly 6-800lbs where as the 6.7 lost wieght

Fauck I just may not be buying a Ford after seeing this. What is the deal with the 6.7??? I have seen big HP claims and dyno sheets yet everyone is running mid to high 14's:confused: Does the tranny gear ratio powerband of the motor just not work together or what?? Am I missing something here?

I am not at all bashing I am honestly curious what's going on

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Innovative Xstreet.... prolly wouldnt have stood a chance from a roll on xrace lol

NO they are NOT.... Not by much anyway 2011 Dmax is within a 100 to 200lbs of the new Ford acording to all the specs and the DP comparisons

Fauck I just may not be buying a Ford after seeing this. What is the deal with the 6.7??? I have seen big HP claims and dyno sheets yet everyone is running mid to high 14's:confused: Does the tranny gear ratio powerband of the motor just not work together or what?? Am I missing something here?

like i said im not sure of the specs on the 11s but with all the BS claims & poo flinging i would like to see 2 same spec trucks on the scales to be sure....

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
also.... my 6.7 will roast the tires through 3rd gear dry pavement stock with 3.31 gears in it.... i dont really care if a 11 dmax will pull a truck in the 1/8 stock, i wouldnt trade mine in for nothin to get a max instead.... the looks better better equiped more comfy i love it!!

·
Registered
39 Posts

Im a Dmax owner that has an order form filled out for a KR F450 that is awaiting my approval on Monday.

Like you I think the ford has the styling nailed (other than that god awful grill) inside and out. I just wanted a good looking truck that could turn heads with a set of rims n tires and leave stock, but after seeing that youtube video Im at a loss as to what to do.

Realistically waiting a year for the 2012 may not be the answer either. Id have to think this may be the platform for a couple years atleast before any changes were made to close the obvious gap between it and the dmax. With that though GM has the same time to improve on its design as well.

I really had hoped Ford came in with a winner for this year.

·
Registered
200 Posts
What does it matter which one wins in a drag race? What really matters is how the truck does when hauling or towing, which it does really well. I am a Ford guy, but made the mistake of owning an '07 GMC 3500 Sierra Classic for 4 years (because I didn't want a 6.0L). It was a comfy but it doesn't even hold a candle to my stock 11 Superduty, the GMC was tuned and my Superduty out pulls it and the interior is nicer also (the GMC was fully loaded and my Superduty is a Lariat Ultimate). All I can say is that Ford makes the best trucks out there, if they didn't they wouldn't sell 2 HD pickups to every 1 sold by GM or Dodge combined!:ford:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts