Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a lot of people on here. After reading this I thought it was appropriate, I hope it does someone some good.
In The Car Wash
ODB RADIO: Listen Now | Download
READ: Isaiah 43:1-13
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you. —Isaiah 43:2I’ll never forget my first experience using an automatic car wash. Approaching it with the dread of going to the dentist, I pushed the money into the slot, nervously checked and rechecked my windows, eased the car up to the line, and waited. Powers beyond my control began moving my car forward as if on a conveyor belt. There I was, cocooned inside, when a thunderous rush of water, soap, and brushes hit my car from all directions. What if I get stuck in here or water crashes in? I thought irrationally. Suddenly the waters ceased. After a blow-dry, my car was propelled into the outside world again, clean and polished.

In the midst of all this, I remembered stormy times in my life when it seemed I was on a conveyor belt, a victim of forces beyond my control. “Car-wash experiences,” I now call them. I remembered that whenever I passed through deep waters my Redeemer had been with me, sheltering me against the rising tide (Isa. 43:2). When I came out on the other side, which I always did, I was able to say with joy and confidence, “He is a faithful God!”

Are you in the middle of a car-wash experience? Trust God to bring you through to the other side. You’ll then be a shining testimony of His keeping power. — Joanie Yoder

How wonderful to know that He
Who watches from above
Will always keep us sheltered in
His ever-present love! —King

A tunnel of testing can produce a shining testimony.
Tell It All
ODB RADIO: Listen Now | Download
READ: Psalm 62
Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us. —Psalm 62:8A clerk who helped me purchase a small digital voice recorder told me that he kept one just like it in his car when he worked in California. “When I began driving home after work I switched it on,” he said, “and I talked about everything that happened that day on the job, good and bad. When I pulled into my driveway, I hit the erase button.” Then he smiled. After telling everything to his voice recorder, he apparently had no need to go over the day’s problems with his wife or family.

It reminded me of how often I needlessly rehearse my disappointments and problems to others instead of telling them to God. The psalmist wrote: “Trust in Him at all times, you people; pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us” (Ps. 62:8). Twice he spoke of waiting silently for God, his rock and salvation (vv.1-2,5-7).

While there is great comfort in sharing our difficulties with a friend, we miss the greatest help if we fail to bring them to the Lord. Joseph Scriven said it so well:

What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer! — David C. McCasland

No matter where we are, Jesus is only a prayer away.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Thanks david. Its soo simple to forget, even when times are good we need to follow the same principles of trust and communication. I know I have been slacking on both lately.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Thanks David, alway need to remember the power of prayer and know that GOD is still in control><>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts