Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the code to delete the seatblet alarm on a 2010 F350 Lariat damn thing is annoyin me

Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
750 Posts
It's a long process, but it is in the owners manual. I think it's key on, when the seatbelt light goes off, put on seatbelt and take off 3 times, wait for light to flash, put on belt and remove. I could remember wrong so look in the manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah just remembered that it was in the owners manual, forgot how i did it on my 02

·
PSA
566 Posts
did you get it to work? I did it 3-4 times and it still goes off? even if I am parked.

·
Registered
433 Posts
BeltMinder_ activation and deactivation procedure
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN (or ON) position. (DO NOT START THE ENGINE)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off. (Approximately 1 minute)
• Step 3 must be completed within 60 seconds after the safety belt warning light turns off.
3. At a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending with the safety belt in the unbuckled state.
• After Step 3 is complete, the safety belt warning light will be turned on for 3 seconds.
• If Step 4 does not occur within 10 seconds at the end of Step 3, BeltMinder_ will automatically exit programming mode without changing its enable status.
4. Within 10 seconds of the light turning on, at a moderate speed, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
• This will disable the BeltMinder_ feature if it is currently enabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
• This will enable the BeltMinder_ feature if it is currently disabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds, followed by 3 seconds with the light off, then followed by the safety belt warning light flashing 4 times per second for 3 seconds again.
5. After receiving confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

follow this and it will work,it did for me....

·
Sponge
219 Posts
I always use my seat belt when the truck is moving.

But I unplugged (OBS is easy) mine too. Most of us let our truck run for a few seconds before driving, right? Particularly in winter. Having that thing dinging/buzzing at you all the time is irritating.

Every time I hop out to get something, ding ding ding
Every time I start it without intending to stay in the seat, ding ding ding
Every time I stop and climb over the seat to help my kid with something, ding ding ding

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
I disabled mine through the deactivation procedure the day i got it.. Theres nothin more aggrevatin than tryin to do something where you may have to constantly get in and out and move up 50 ft and get in and out again with the thing dinging the whole time.. I cant get the thing to quit on a 09 f150 and according to the owners manual on it, its the same procedure

·
PSA
566 Posts
I disabled mine through the deactivation procedure the day i got it.. Theres nothin more aggrevatin than tryin to do something where you may have to constantly get in and out and move up 50 ft and get in and out again with the thing dinging the whole time.. I cant get the thing to quit on a 09 f150 and according to the owners manual on it, its the same procedure

same here on my 2010 f350. I have tried it a dozen times and no luck. I followed that to a T and i buckle/unbuckle 9 times but the light never comes on after.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Are you settin the parking brake?

·
Registered
618 Posts
it worked on my 08 and i always where my seatbelt when i get on the road but when im on my farm im not going to put my seat belt on and it pissed me off so i deleted it, moms 02 excursion you could just click the seat belt and take it back off and all was good then ford reflashed it and ruined a good thing

·
Registered
328 Posts
i just did the delete on my 09 today. i always wear a seat belt on the road but mine would go off if i stopped after driving and had the truck in park still. that drove me crazy so now it wont ever chime again!

·
PSA
566 Posts
i just did the delete on my 09 today. i always wear a seat belt on the road but mine would go off if i stopped after driving and had the truck in park still. that drove me crazy so now it wont ever chime again!
did you use that procedure? Did it work the first time, im going nuts with the dinging when im sitting in a parking lot waiting or when im in a store and i come out and its still dinging away

·
I FINALLY JUMPED!
516 Posts
I read the manual and it worked the first time no problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts