·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Mines off but i didn't do it.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
From the Workshop Manual:

Belt-Minder® Deactivating/Activating Printable View (119 KB)

Preparation

NOTE: The Belt-minder® can also be deactivated/activated using a scan tool.

Before deactivating/activating the Belt-Minder®, apply the parking brake.
Place the gearshift in the PARK (P) position (automatic transmission) or the NEUTRAL (N) position (manual transmission).
Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Unbuckle the driver safety belt.
Place the headlamp switch in the OFF position.

Deactivating/Activating

Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (do not start the engine).
Wait until the safety belt warning indicator turns off (approximately 1 minute).
NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning indicator turns off.

At a moderate rate, buckle then unbuckle the driver safety belt 9 times, ending with the safety belt in the unbuckled state.
After this step, the safety belt warning indicator illuminates for 3 seconds.
NOTE: The buckle/unbuckle sequence may not be counted if completed too fast. Wait approximately 2 seconds after each sequence.

Within 10 seconds after the safety belt warning indicator turns off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
This disables the Belt-Minder® feature, if it is currently enabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
This enables the Belt-Minder® feature, if it is currently disabled. As confirmation, the safety belt warning indicator flashes 4 times per second for 3 seconds followed by another flash sequence of 4 times per second for 3 seconds.
After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
:whs:its always a pain getting in and out in short distances... but its like a nagging woman, just gotta do it to shut her up:hehe:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
you can always just put your seatbelt on :shrug:
Yep,,,
I do, since I went through the windshield on a friends Honda back in '83...
TALK ABOUT A CONVINCER! LOL

·
Registered
654 Posts
I second that flip a ranger about 4 times at 50 pmh and u will never forget to put a setbelt on. And the sad part was I had it on when we got t boned and fliped but it was still a ride with it on I could only wander what it would be like with out one prbibly wouldent be here today. But everybody is intitaled to do what they want so like said before it should be in the DM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts