Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 F-250 ( with a 6.0) that the seat belt buzzer goes off even when I get out of the truck. Does anyone know if there is a setting you can change on these things? I had a 2001 F-150 (used) that the light would just come on and then go off for the seat belt reminder. The buzzer on that truck did work when the door was open only.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,319 Posts
Your vehicle manual tells you how to do it.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Follow the seatbelt down the side of the seat. Unplug the harness to the seat belt. Simple fix.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it from another forum. I can try to link it if someone needs it. My blood pressure has already gone down. Just what I needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got it from another forum. I can try to link it if someone needs it. My blood pressure has already gone down. Just what I needed.
If you could link that I would certainly appreciate it. I have a 2006 and tried the procedure in my owners manual but was never able to get it to work.

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts
the steps in the manual worked for me and I also did the ignition cilinder trick to get rid of the other chimes

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Off the top of my head...

With truck in park, emergency brake on and the headlights in the off position, turn key "on", but dont start, wait for the seatbelt light to go off in dash. Within 50 seconds of the light going out, click and release your seatbelt 9 times, leaving about 2 seconds between clicks. After clicking it for the ninth time, unbuckle it. The seatbelt light should flash three or four times fast. After it flashes, click and release your buckle one more time. The truck will then ding at you (IIRC). This confirms the programming, and you can now turn your key off.

Mine was annoying because when I would check the mail, or unbuckle the belt to run in the house, it would ding immedietly.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
why in gods green earth would you go thru all that bs when all you have to do is look under the seat. unplug the harness to the seatbelt. done. no coordination needed no stupid human tricks

·
Registered
41 Posts
The auto door lock is the next thing you prolly wanna disable. Almost as annoying as the key chime and seat belt chime. :eek:

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
I know on lariat models it is pretty easy. Also you can adjust the time the headlamps stay on after the truck is turned off

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would have to agree on the head lights, and the door lock comment. I don't believe either of those is a problem here. Those are up to me to do or not do. As far as the seat belt buzzer goes, I was a little surprised myself. Who thought that process up, and what institution are they in now? :doh:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just figured this fix would be more official. If somone else ever got this truck I wouldn't want them to have to hunt down the cause to trouble shoot it. If for some reason they would even want it.

·
Administrator
32,962 Posts
I agree ,,very good point

reset the system and all the built in saftey features are back

not having to look for disconnected plugs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts