Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010, spartan 250 , dpf delete, egr off, and intake.
I am currently in school at a technical school, where i have access to a shop, lift, and tools. I would like to build my truck while im here, the dilemma is 1. I have only 6 weeks(including in class time and shop assignments) 2. I want to make around 600(600+ would be nice) but have been told by a few places different things of how to get there. which is why i have been searching for a few weeks on here and other forums but haven't really found what ive been wanting to know. let me first start off with my current parts list by manufacturer/site. EDE stage 2 kit(XH/D clutches, billet L/R hub, billet input, transgo shift kit) deep pan, head gaskets. XDP H&S wastegate kit, FASS 150, pusher intake, and AFE Torque converter. Extreme-studs head studs. here is where my dilemma begins, i was told by one shop, stock fuel stock turbo good for mid 600, another said stock fuel batmo's 650 easy, and another said 30% nozzle stock turbos good for mid 600. honestly i dont know what to really believe due to i dont know the lbs/min for the turbos so i cant calculate what they can truly do, i have seen some trucks with mid 600 on stock turbos and fuel(freak trucks???)
Will the EDE stage 2 stand up to the abuse, it says 600+ but id like to know a max or even a safe number but no one at EDE seems to want to email or answer my phone calls.
Is the deep pan really needed? what about the wastegate? i currently have a 1.3:1 ebp:bp ratio at WOT full boost (roughly 40-43psig)
Last thing, does anyone know about the AFE TC? I cant find any reviews or comments on it.
sorry for the lengthy write up of probably something i missed on searching but if you made it this far, thanks for reading.
Dustyn

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
You can leave the fuel system alone and make 675 no problem with a drop-in atmospheric turbo from Elite (76mm) and RCD (75mm). Other than that, I would do No Limit's cold air intake (only one that will work with bigger turbos), head studs and a mild transmission build. Would be a perfect setup. Great spool up and clean power.

If you don't have the EGR delete, I would also do an EGR delete kit and No Limit Fab's CAC pipe and intake elbow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not going to lie, i didnt expect a response so soon.
so the wastegate wouldnt be needed? my main concern is my trans, will the EDE kit paired with the AFE TC be a good combination for said power? i also realize they both say over what i want but something can be good for 600 and break at 580 so i want to be sure it will hold the 600 on a DD rig, a few dyno runs and some horseplay here and there with some hauling mixed in.
would a 71 or 72 atmo be enough for the goal (rcd states 700rwhp on their 72 and 72 batmo) or is the 75/75 the minimum? also with the trans mods, would i need the deep pan or can i do without that?

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I would do a mild rebuild kit for the internals of the transmission and either an RCD converter or DPC converter. You don't need anything too crazy for the transmission to hold 600-650 horsepower, unless you're really hard on the truck. I like deep pans but they're not really necessary.

I never ran a wastegate on my old 6.4 (neither does the new owner) and it's right around 650 horsepower with our 310 tune. Only fuel system mod is an Air Dog (not a necessary mod). It made 658 at a dyno day recently. It has all of the No Limit parts, EGR cooler delete, Elite's 71mm, and a SunCoast transmission with RCD 1600 rpm stall converter.

If I were to build another 6.4, it would be setup very similar to that but I would go with a larger low pressure turbo (Elite 76 or RCD 75).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you be a little bit more specific with the "mild trans" mods, is what i currently plan to get right or is there something i do not need? I aak about the waste gate only because a few shoos have mentioned it and i know these turbos can hit some high ebp numbers.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried to go through the update link, but it sent me to a different site. Also i have the dashdaq will the trans tunes be in a seperate section in tuning or inline with the ***hp tune?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok, sweet. i will have to try and update it when i start getting it torn apart, seeing as i wont need it while my cab is off.
i think i will be getting the tow power plus 72.4mm atmo from elite, for cost reasons and i have seen multiple mid 600's on it so it does what i am wanting to do.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts