Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been thinking a bout buying a 7.3, I found a 99 for cheap with a ZF6 4x4, and I was wondering what the differences are between 97 and 99,
I'd plan on yankin the motor on the 99 and build it to my liking then drop that in the obs when I find it along with the zf6. Another part of the deal i'm curious about is the wiring harness, would everything plug in?
Any feed back will help.
Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
No mechanical fuel pump on the '99. Turbo is different, fuel system is different, among other things.

Doubtful the harness is the same. Lots of this info is on this site already.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Sorry not going to search for you. Just stating that I've seen this covered before. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

·
Terminator Nation
5,119 Posts
You would not care about the fuel pump because you will be using e-fuel.

You also don't care about the factory turbo also since you said "twins"

E99 has forged rods, same as OBS, but you should want to change to billet rods with twins. Actually you just want the block, front cover, cam, crank, pan, water pump, gears and heads. The rest is aftermarket.

E99 has SD electronics not interchangable with OBS, Easiest to use complete OBS stuff, unless you want improved SD electronics or a 4R100, then you have your work cut out for you.

You don't care about injectors since 600hp is custom stuff.

Engine accessory brackets are different but that's the least of your worries.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks old man dave,
So what i'm getting from you is to just flat stick with the obs?
I would have some other "big plans" on the fuel side of things, but i'm not going to say it do to people ridiculing me, but I have heard of the head swap?
Whats the deal with that?
Thanks
Jake

1 - 7 of 7 Posts