Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyone can give me a break down of what it would take to put a solid front out of a 2000 SD in my 94 F250. any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
RS kit and SD springs prolly different track bar mounts.... oh and you will have to carry around 2 different spare tires since the front and rear axles will be different lug bolt patterns.

·
82 Posts
cant be done.... welll if you do you are in for alot of work...my buddy has a 2000 f350 and wants a 60 instead of the 50. your options are a dynatrac axle that is wicked awesome for 5 grand plus add on options... or you can find a dana 60 that came in a sd...search junk yards... only way to make sure that you have the 60 is to get the 6 digit code on the axle tube. then go to dana spicers web site and find the page that you put your axle number in and it will tell you what it is....your gonna want to search 99-03 sd and excursions only had 50s... the only thing that will get you, is abs... if you got it, make sure new one has it...
hope this helps... i started a thread on this months ago and no one could help....
hope thishelps a little

·
Registered
375 Posts
It can be done, I've seen it done.

I think we need OBSWIZ to pop in here and help up out, I'm attempting to do the same with my truck (front and rear axles). And I want to make sure I have everything for the front before I start.

I think it requires an off set shackle in the front because the axle is slightly wider.

Hopefully Cary can help.

·
OBS junkie
8,249 Posts
Just find a 86-97 Dana 60 or an 05+ if your looking to swap. The 99-04 are about 2.5" wider then an OBS.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,334 Posts
I have a D60 4 sale and everything to go with it:D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Anything can be done usuall not very hard either..I've put '05 axles and suspension into OBS's and I did the first RS kit V and B code mod 8+ years ago.

Now why do you want a 99-04 axle?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
But is it a good enough deal so that the extra cost involved..custom parts and wheels warrant it? Brakeing is much better with 4 wheel disks but you could also use '05 up and have larger brakes, tighter steering and if used with a 4 link lift kit better ride quality than a RS kit-SD spring swap.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
cant be done.... welll if you do you are in for alot of work...my buddy has a 2000 f350 and wants a 60 instead of the 50. your options are a dynatrac axle that is wicked awesome for 5 grand plus add on options... or you can find a dana 60 that came in a sd...search junk yards... only way to make sure that you have the 60 is to get the 6 digit code on the axle tube. then go to dana spicers web site and find the page that you put your axle number in and it will tell you what it is....your gonna want to search 99-03 sd and excursions only had 50s... the only thing that will get you, is abs... if you got it, make sure new one has it...
hope this helps... i started a thread on this months ago and no one could help....
hope thishelps a little
Disregard :whs: Find a D60 out of an OBS F350, get all the suspension and steering pieces, and bolt it in. Trying to put in a leafspring SD front axle in an OBS is just complicating a simple job.

Dave

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
only reason i asked about that is because my local junk yard recently got in a 2000 F-350 and i haven't been able to find one out of an obs f350, thats why i was curious if it would work since it was easy to get.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
It will work..with miss parts and new wheels.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Wouldn't bother unless you go 05+ to have tighter turning and the ride of a coil front

1 - 17 of 17 Posts