Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some input, and part #'s(or where they can be purchased). I've been off the forums for quite a while and searching has been a pain. Found alot of info, then lost it.

The plan...I am pulling both axles from my E99 F250, and putting them under a recently purchased 97 F250HD. Front is a D60(verified before I installed 3 years ago). I am also considering springs and all(it has a 4" lift).

Issue...Besides u-joint, and brake line adapters it seems straight forward...BUT...I'll need the spring hanger adapter for the front springs and can't find it. I find it included with lifts and such, but not by itself. Not partial to any brand.

·
Administrator
8,316 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's your opinion on the Sky offroad Kit? I've been back and forth between Sky and PMF on which one to go with. I'd be using the 2" Sky or the 2.25" PMF

·
Project Shamu
3,060 Posts
I bought the Sky kit and was very disappointed in quality of parts, but my standards are pretty high so...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you purchase the sky kit recently? I was told by a vendor that their kits have improved tremendously over their previous products due to the popularity of the OBS trucks now.

·
Project Shamu
3,060 Posts
Did you purchase the sky kit recently? I was told by a vendor that their kits have improved tremendously over their previous products due to the popularity of the OBS trucks now.
A little over a year ago. It had poor quality welds, terrible fitment, and then didnt even line up to any of the holes in my frame, so I ended up having to weld it to the truck. I wasnt happy with the product...

·
Registered
12 Posts
A little over a year ago. It had poor quality welds, terrible fitment, and then didnt even line up to any of the holes in my frame, so I ended up having to weld it to the truck. I wasnt happy with the product...
That's what I've read or heard while doing research, but had heard the Sky kit was improved recently. Seems everyone likes the pmf kit better.
Thanks bud

1 - 8 of 8 Posts