Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
i have a sct x3 and i love it. my smokeless street tune is faster than the performance tune on the bullydog.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well I'm no expert but the SCT will completely tune your engine and transmission were as the edge, bully dog ect just trick the PCM into making more power without tuning the trans at all, which on a 6.0 is not the best way to go, plus the custom tunes are tailored for your trucks specific strategy and any modifications or no modifications which really helps with reliability.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
ive been on this site for awhile i wanna know some info on the sct whats so good about whats its going to do for my 6.0
its gonna be the best thing you can do to the truck. mine runs way better than the bullydog could ever make it. most people start out with erics tunes and his tranny tuning is awesome. mine hasnt skipped a beat yet and i dont drive it very easy. :doh: you get a sct and i gurantee you that you wont ever run anything else in your truck again

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Well I'm no expert but the SCT will completely tune your engine and transmission were as the edge, bully dog ect just trick the PCM into making more power without tuning the trans at all, which on a 6.0 is not the best way to go, plus the custom tunes are tailored for your trucks specific strategy and any modifications or no modifications which really helps with reliability.
:whs: too

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Mopage, is your 07 studded or deleted?? 130 thousand miles and no issues is somethin else!
nope! its got 132 on it now and i run my extreme tune most of the time. ive had the sct for about 7,000 miles now. when it still had the factory warranty it never had any warranty work done to it. it might be one of the best ones built and here i am abusing it. :doh: lol i havent seen any puking either. the overflow bottle stays at about the same level all the time

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
ha ha don't know if I should call you crazy or real lucky! I have found if you keep up on maintenance, it helps with a lot of issues, I had to learn the hard way that our injector pumps run off oil pressure, missing a few oil changes just might cost you a new engine, I think I had posted a thread in tech about EXCESSIVE black smoke and a loud clicking noise, ha ha ha smoke was from cracked injector overfueling like a banshee and the clicking noise, that was a melted piston, be thankful you got a good engine as I am on my second

·
bigger than texas
83 Posts
And I apologize, totally didn't mean to high jack your thread there, just thought I would give a lecture in maintenance ha ha, but I too am looking into getting the X3, was looking into the livewire but Adam made sense between the two and for the extra money its not worth it, I have heard great things about SCT too, and definitely will be getting into one with an edge insight, I seen a guy that I'm guessing had SCT cause he had these diecast lookin stickers below his powerstroke badge, I wonder if A.brannan could tell me if the X3 comes with those =D

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
And I apologize, totally didn't mean to high jack your thread there, just thought I would give a lecture in maintenance ha ha, but I too am looking into getting the X3, was looking into the livewire but Adam made sense between the two and for the extra money its not worth it, I have heard great things about SCT too, and definitely will be getting into one with an edge insight, I seen a guy that I'm guessing had SCT cause he had these diecast lookin stickers below his powerstroke badge, I wonder if A.brannan could tell me if the X3 comes with those =D
yep, it comes with the SCT badge, its not diecast though :( its just a plastic emblem that is painted chrome, but yes each SCT comes with one badge.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.