Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my question is do you have to return the truck back to stock tune before you switch to a different tune? Thanx in advance

·
Military/Firefighter
61 Posts
:whs: just plug and play. You can change tunes without returning to stock first. One suggestion, however, if you plan on doin a lotta tuning changes, download a backup of your stock tune onto your computer just in case.

·
Still learning
367 Posts
:whs: just plug and play. You can change tunes without returning to stock first. One suggestion, however, if you plan on doin a lotta tuning changes, download a backup of your stock tune onto your computer just in case.
How do you do that? Would like to do "just in case".......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys i appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
How do you do that? Would like to do "just in case".......
While your truck is tuned and the stock file is in the SCT, plug in into your computer and lunch the SCT Device Updater. Then click "get stock file from device".

·
Still learning
367 Posts
While your truck is tuned and the stock file is in the SCT, plug in into your computer and lunch the SCT Device Updater. Then click "get stock file from device".
So saves a copy on my computer, and keeps another in the sct. Or just my computer? Sorry I am slow with puters.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
So saves a copy on my computer, and keeps another in the sct. Or just my computer? Sorry I am slow with puters.
You will have a copy in your PC and the stock file will still be on your SCT. This way if any issue happens while loading you wont lose your stock file.

·
Still learning
367 Posts
You will have a copy in your PC and the stock file will still be on your SCT. This way if any issue happens while loading you wont lose your stock file.
Thanks. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts