Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Is this the first time you have used it?

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Sound odd to me this is the first issue I have seen or read about SCT I would think it's something else especially if you returned it to stock and still won't start. I would check batteries, starter and alternator to start. I would also call SCT and have them help you trouble shoot.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes but i just use xtm-street and want to get the gears and tires up dated thats it now i lorded the stock back on the truck and still wont start i guess the tow man is coming in the moring to take it to the dealership thanks sct

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
It could be as simple as an update that needs to happen. It's not unheard if for a custom tune to get written and a stratigy number get mixed up or software to look at something different because it needs to be updated. ALOT of us have used SCT products for sometime now, and very few issues have ever came up and I can't recall a one that warranted a trip to the stealership. It's usually something simple, do you have a copy of your stock tune saved someplace off the SCT device? If so I would move the tunes off, update and load your stock file and only that file to the tuner and try that.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Ok well SCT has pretty good customer service and can walk you through it. The dealership really isn't going to know what to do either except reload a stock file which if I remember right could change your stratigy number and make your custom tune invalid. Your kind of the exception, really none of us have had any issues with SCT or custom tunes that where made by reputable tuners.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Yeah it's pretty simple. You have to download the SCT updater from their website to your computer. Then connect the tuner to your computer after you have the SCT updater open on your computer. From there it will give you options to update device, add/remove tunes all that stuff.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Pm sent, give me a call I'm no expert but I'll see what I can do to help ya.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts