Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an sct X2 for Ford tuner for a very cheap rice. Will this tuner accept custom tunes from anyone including innovative diesel anis it worth 150 bucks? Thanks!

·
Registered
182 Posts
yep

I'm running a SCT XCal 2 on my 2006 right now. It just doesn't have as many options as the SCT X3.

$150 is a good price. I paid $170 for mine. Just make sure that the menu says "Unmarried". It won't say unlocked until you connect it to your PC and tell the software to Unlock it.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright so when i get this tuner , it was used on an f150, i just have to hook it up to pc and it will work on my 6.0? Call me a tard, just askin before i buy it

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Alright so when i get this tuner , it was used on an f150, i just have to hook it up to pc and it will work on my 6.0? Call me a tard, just askin before i buy it
Not sure if it will work. What you have to do is go to SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel! and download the correct software to your computer to be able to use it for your truck. This is if you plan on using custom tunes for your truck. I almost think the gas and diesel tuners are totally different from one another. You might wanna call or email Innovative Diesel to make sure.

·
Registered
646 Posts
No you can make it work because you can download each version ( there are 2 for the 2007 & up F150's and then theres a couple i can't remember which one for the Diesel's) Keep in mind they are all ODB II port cabable it just depends on the firmware loaded up on the device. But it might be locked as well. Good Luck.

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
I bought my used SF3 for the same money.
if you didn't buy it yet I would hold out otherwise it looks like you can use it and it looks like it will hold custom tunes?

I would ask the vendor you intend to use if they can write a tune for the x2
IDK if it takes a different file type than the newer devices ?

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I bought my used SF3 for the same money.
if you didn't buy it yet I would hold out otherwise it looks like you can use it and it looks like it will hold custom tunes?

I would ask the vendor you intend to use if they can write a tune for the x2
IDK if it takes a different file type than the newer devices ?
It works just like the X3, same files and all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it is unlocked it is an ok price, you will need to get new tunes for it, you do not want to put tunes that are for another vehicle on your truck, even same year and engine, could make your vehicle not start then you may have to go to ford and get it reflashed back to stock

·
Registered
646 Posts
If it is unlocked it is an ok price, you will need to get new tunes for it, you do not want to put tunes that are for another vehicle on your truck, even same year and engine, could make your vehicle not start then you may have to go to ford and get it reflashed back to stock

:whs: and that just sucks, never happened to me but seen it a couple times.

·
Gambled and Lost 6.oh
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I'm really un impressed with spartans tunes. Even the hybrid race. Yah it smokes and runs but the bullydog on extreme screamed compared to it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts