Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new to writing, but I've been following the nation since purchasing my 07 6.0.

Anywho. I just updated my x4 today..
Bad news. DERIVE has removed the EGR options from their canned tunes or their firmware.

Has anyone else had this problem? I purchased the truck fully deleted and the CEL drives me insane.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats all sorts of terrible... Hmm. Well, other than tuning (Id have to find someone with tunes to do the EGR cycle search) or finding an older tuner... Any ideas?

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,836 Posts
I would probably start calling vendors, or emailing then, to see if they can still write custom files with egr deleting functionality. I'm sure they all still can, I don't think they are regulated like the SCT and Bully Dog are now.
Feel free to browse this site's vendor section. They often give you a deal if you tell them you're part of PSN. I also recommend talking to the guys at FICMRepair.com, namely Ed. I think they all know their stuff, but Ed is the only one there that I've talked to about my 6.0. Great guy. Very patient lol

·
Registered
95 Posts
I went ahead and left my EGR solenoid on the truck. I figure it’s not hurting anything sitting there thinking it doing it’s job.

It’s still got the EGR delete, so I don’t have carbon building up in my intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,836 Posts
I agree, plus you can't loose it lol!
...then there's the whole fan clutch operation debate lol, that's a fun chest-beating arguement to get into lol! some say you'll run hot without the proper egr delete software loaded
you've got an early 6.0 so the CEL won't light up like the later ones do, but do you have any soft codes stored? always kinda been curious about that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For you and only you I will check tomorrow, need to check my marauders for codes also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I need some advise... I just had my early '04 worked on, lots of cool stuff but my guy removed my Bully Dog tune and reflashed the PCM with his own home brew and did a 40 hp FICM tune as well... Truck runs awesome but does not have the punch it did with my B/D tune I had set to "Performance " ( not Extreme )... (The middle canned tune).. I'm thinking I would like to go back to a Performance/Street Tune ( Mid level tune ).
All that being said, I think from what I have read that I should go with the SCT Tuner not the Bully Dog mainly because of transmission issues.. Am I on the right thought process ?? So now that brings me to my delimma which is : My truck ( Early '04, F-250 2WD CC ) which has EGR and CAT deletes and a FICM tune, Will the SCT Tuner keep the PCM setting I have now and store that as " Stock " tune in the SCT Device, and if so when I load the SCT Tow or Street canned tune, will I be able to keep the FICM tune he put in there, and does the new, off the shelf SCT x4 I buy say tomorrow from whoever have the ability to not have the CEL on from the EGR delete ??
I really appreciate any input/advice !!!

Dan

·
Registered
64 Posts
If they have the newest updates it doesn't give you the option to turn it off. I did have mine in the canned tow 50 for a few days & the cel never came on. In trans only when I'm towing it comes on in about 50 miles. I'd say I had a few hundred in tow 50 without the light. Maybe they have it programmed in there to not set the light even though you can't actually turn it off anymore?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if anyone found any tunes that will turn off the EGR and make it run nice with the delete installed? I just had an EGR delete kit installed and bought the SCT x4 not realizing it is no longer an option to tune it to run without the EGR. I'm hoping someone knows where I can find that tune, everything else on my truck is stock. The truck runs slightly off occasionally as (I assume) the computer is trying to adjust for the non existent EGR. Really hoping someone knows of a tune that will help with that, I don't care if I need to leave the valve plugged in, just want the truck to run nice.

Turd-250 I figured I would try to answer your question about the EGR soft codes. I have a 2005 with a manufacturing date of 09/04...It takes the early model turbo and has other early model features, like not having a CEL on when the EGR valve is unplugged. I did check at it does show 2 soft codes when the valve is unplugged, but if you plug the valve in the soft codes go away. Unfortunately, even with the valve plugged in it does have some occasional odd running issues due to the computer trying to adjust to the non existent EGR. If you are curious about anything else the early engines do in relation to the EGR delete and codes, let me know.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,836 Posts
I was wondering if anyone found any tunes that will turn off the EGR and make it run nice with the delete installed? I just had an EGR delete kit installed and bought the SCT x4 not realizing it is no longer an option to tune it to run without the EGR. I'm hoping someone knows where I can find that tune, everything else on my truck is stock. The truck runs slightly off occasionally as (I assume) the computer is trying to adjust for the non existent EGR. Really hoping someone knows of a tune that will help with that, I don't care if I need to leave the valve plugged in, just want the truck to run nice.

Turd-250 I figured I would try to answer your question about the EGR soft codes. I have a 2005 with a manufacturing date of 09/04...It takes the early model turbo and has other early model features, like not having a CEL on when the EGR valve is unplugged. I did check at it does show 2 soft codes when the valve is unplugged, but if you plug the valve in the soft codes go away. Unfortunately, even with the valve plugged in it does have some occasional odd running issues due to the computer trying to adjust to the non existent EGR. If you are curious about anything else the early engines do in relation to the EGR delete and codes, let me know.
Thanks!
i give you 2 internet points, one for the awesome post, and 2 for the great username lol!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If any is still on here and can help, please help.
I have an 04 f250 6.0 the supposedly has the egr delete but not studded. I have a 4” pipe with afe intake, and blue spring kit, that’s all that been done. I get the CEL every 50 miles but she runs and drives beautifully. I called sct looking to buy the x4 to get fuel eco the Jack brake and towing power. I was told with the egr delete they would not support the tuner and that the truck could malfunction and throw codes using the tuner. Is this true or am I missing something?

·
Registered
7 Posts
If any is still on here and can help, please help.
I have an 04 f250 6.0 the supposedly has the egr delete but not studded. I have a 4” pipe with afe intake, and blue spring kit, that’s all that been done. I get the CEL every 50 miles but she runs and drives beautifully. I called sct looking to buy the x4 to get fuel eco the Jack brake and towing power. I was told with the egr delete they would not support the tuner and that the truck could malfunction and throw codes using the tuner. Is this true or am I missing something?
The valve is still plugged in too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts