Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a SCT X3 locally. The guy said it was on a Mustang before. If I buy it will I have to send it to someone to load diesel tunes on it? Also those tuners aren't vehicle specific are they?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been looking for a sct tuner also from what I have seen it depends on the part number. SCT 3000 is a blank tuner that only holds custom tunes.
The SCT 3015 has canned tunes and works on all fords mustangs,f150,f250, etc. But the 3015 will also hold customs tunes as well.
:psn:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says it is a SCT 3015. Do you think that it has the preloaded diesel tunes on it then?

·
Registered
48 Posts
From what all I read it should have the canned tunes on it. Because that's the tuner I want for my truck. You should just google it in the little box at the top of the page and see if there is any info there. I do that all the time.

:dfpsn:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a bit more research and it should work. If it doesn't, oh well, it only colt $125 and I could resell it for that easily.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nah he didn't. All he mentioned was that it was on a Mustang. He didn't seem to know much about it at all other than that.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully its only been on that one Mustang then...

·
Registered
48 Posts
they have only 5 vehicle 'unlocks' right? did he tell you how many vehicles it's been married to?
Sorry I'm not trying to theard jack. But I a question.

Can I tune both my trucks with one tuner at the same time?

Or just one at a time?

The reason I ask because I own a 7.3 and a 6.0.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would be curious about that too. But I am thinking it probably can't. I would assume it can only be married to one vehicle at a time.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Or just one at a time?

No you cant. That's how locks and unlocks work. Tuner will only work on one vehicle at a time. Say you buy a 3015 and tune your 6.0, it then becomes vin locked to your 6.0 and will only work for that vehicle which the tune is uploaded to the truck. You can unlock it by restoring the OEM Ford tune back to the truck which unlocks it so it can be used again on another vehicle, but burns up an unlock. So a new 3015 with max of 5 unlocks left will work on up to 5 vehicle swaps, but only one vehicle at a time and as long as the prior vehicle was put back to stock OEM tune.

Make sure whatever one you are looking at is unmarried too as otherwise it's $150 fee to get SCT to unlock it and has to be mailed into them to do so.

If you dont know how to check, power the tuner up, go to device info, scroll all way to bottom, should say Device Unmarried there specifically. If it doesn't, then its still vin locked/married.

If he didn't put his Mustang back to OEM tune tune via program vehicle, restore to stock option, then it will be still vin married.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,867 Posts

Or just one at a time?

I would be curious about that too. But I am thinking it probably can't. I would assume it can only be married to one vehicle at a time.
from what i understand, it's only on vehicle at a time. it sure would be nice if you didn't have to worry about it though lol

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,867 Posts
No you cant. That's how locks and unlocks work. Tuner will only work on one vehicle at a time. Say you buy a 3015 and tune your 6.0, it then becomes vin locked to your 6.0 and will only work for that vehicle which the tune is uploaded to the truck. You can unlock it by restoring the OEM Ford tune back to the truck which unlocks it so it can be used again on another vehicle, but burns up an unlock. So a new 3015 with max of 5 unlocks left will work on up to 5 vehicle swaps, but only one vehicle at a time and as long as the prior vehicle was put back to stock OEM tune.

Make sure whatever one you are looking at is unmarried too as otherwise it's $150 fee to get SCT to unlock it and has to be mailed into them to do so.

If you dont know how to check, power the tuner up, go to device info, scroll all way to bottom, should say Device Unmarried there specifically. If it doesn't, then its still vin locked/married.

If he didn't put his Mustang back to OEM tune tune via program vehicle, restore to stock option, then it will be still vin married.
oh cool! lol!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I didn't think they would but I thought I would ask. Wishful thinking I guess lol. Thanks for the info. :bowfast:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts