Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my custom tunes for my truck and when i try to load them it says incorrect vehicle.When i load my custom tunes onto my truck do i go through strategy or custom tuning

·
No Mo 6.0
77 Posts
Plug it in and choose tune vehicle with custom tunes. It should download the stock file then load the custom tune. After the custom tune is loaded use the X3 to save your stock file on your computer so you have it if anything happens to the tuner.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The vin is correct i checked the device and it says married how ever it does not say rather it is locked or unlocked.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the tuner from a friend his truck was turned back to stock and sold me the tuner . I loaded my tunes onto the device atleast think i did i changed the name of the files on the tuner so they are not tow street and race anymore. says it still has 5 unlocks left and has my stratogy on it. The onlty thing i may have done wrong when i got the files in the email i didn't download them i just saved them to my desk top.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Download my stock tune from the truck to the programmer? When i plugged the tuner in to tune the truck ii went load custom tunes a percentage bar came up and when it got to 100% it said to turn key when i did so it almost automatically popped up and said wrong vehicle.

And no i did not update the sct I dont really know how. Sorry im kinda a rum dum when it comes to this stuff.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also when i press tune vehicle it give three opyions stratogy tune custom tune or return to stock. Does this mean it wasnt taken off the other truck when it says return to stock?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
when u plug into your truck it gives you those options?

it sounds like it's tuned your truck so IDK what the deal is ? I would do the update
and see what happens myself
or call SCT Monday they are cool

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok after i update the device should i reload my tunes?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
I don't recal if it wipes them but if they are still present on the device when your done you won't need to reload them

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all your help Man i'll try everything and if all else fails i'll call sct on monday.

Thanks Sam

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Gearhead.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts