Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i posted earlier about waht the best mods would be to start with on my Stock 06 and after doing my research im thinking about going with the SCTx3 and one of my main concerns is will i do any damage to my motor running the X3 without upgrading my intake and exhaust? and is anyone running the x3 already what are your opinions on it?:ford:

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
there are tons of ppl running the x3, yes you can run it on a factory exhaust but i would highly recommend a high flow exhaust just to keep egt's down and a set of gauges pyro, boost, trans temp, just so u dont tear anything up, you pick the custom tuner of your choice to buy it from and tell him what ur pickup has done to it and he will tune accordingly, im running an x2 on a 6.0 and its got just shy of 200k miles on it and still running strong, im running matts tunes form gearhead, there are many tuners here, [email protected], [email protected], beans diesel, [email protected], [email protected]?? i beleive thats right, [email protected]

I

·
0 Posts
IMO, changing out the donaldson air intake on a 6.0 doesn't buy you much. I did it and didn't see enough benifit to it to talk about. On the other hand, changing out the exhaust to a "4" turbo back is important to rid the engine of heat. Very important if your planning on chipping it. You need at least an EGT gauge to watch the temps so you can back off before she blows up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah but if you just the preprogrammed tunes and ain't hard on it do you really need the gauges? I'm thinking about getting an X3 myself but very rarely tow anything and not into racing or smoke and stuff like that.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Yeah but if you just the preprogrammed tunes and ain't hard on it do you really need the gauges? I'm thinking about getting an X3 myself but very rarely tow anything and not into racing or smoke and stuff like that.
the custom tuning will keep temps down and put out more power than the preprogrammed(canned) tunes, fi your going to do it, DO IT RIGHT, thats the only way without damaging the pickup, the preprogrammed(canned) tunes are built specific for ur pickup like the custom ones from the site sponsors we have here

·
Registered
115 Posts
Right on, I've talked with Eric from ID and he recommended the X3 with "standard programs". I just assumed they're your everyday run of the mil programs. I'm new to all this tuning and stuff and would hate, as most people to jack my rig all up.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
ive got gauges and straight piped my factory exhaust and im running matts street race lite tune, which has plenty of power to make the ricers wonder wtf is goin on under the hood of my dually when i run away n hide from them

I

·
0 Posts
Best thing to do is to purchase your SCT from a vendor on this site and ask him or her the same questions. You will get lots of opinions from lots of people but every application is different.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would anyone be able to tell me what the tuner will do for my gas milage seeing as thats a concern too?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
it will gain a lil bit, depends on what tuning is in your ficm, if it has the latest tune it will go up just not as much as it would with an 03' tune

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok my truck is an 06 so will i need to get a code or something for an 03 tune? sorry my membership is newbie for a reason

·
NHRDA Diesel TV Host
3,037 Posts
Welcome from the foothills of our lovely state! I have an 04 with an SCT and I've ran Tadd's, Matt's, and Eric's tunes and honestly they each have their ups and downs. The other thing you need to think about it the fact that we have to smog now. Check out the Nor Cal sub forum and introduce yourself. We have a pretty close group around these parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts