Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got the 6.0 and it currently has the ol sct xcal2, ive had my eye on the sct 5015 ts but have had a few people tell me go edge. I know i want to be able to change the setting on the go unlike my xcal inwhich i can not. Ive got cold air, egr delete, 4 inch exhaust arp head studs.... om just looking to make more power and better fuel milage but still be able to switch it to stock with the push of a button. Any help would be great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
welcome to the forum!
for several years now, Edges tuners were not recommended for the 6.0, but just within the last few days I was enlightened lol! Looks like they have a new one out that competes with SCT:

Edge now has the CTS2 Pro which will allow you to load custom tunes from tuners. Wish they would have come out with it 8 months ago and I would not have had to buy my x4 lol ...
subscribed - always in the mood to hear more on this type thing!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the edge come with tunes or do i have to load custom tunes? Im looking for plug in and go, im not into the technical part of loading and getting custom tunes

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
fair question! not sure about it having pre-loaded tunes or not. haven't had a chance to read about it yer, but i bet it would have some basic tunes pre-loaded if you bought it outright. If you buy it from a performance diesel company, i would imagine they would load tunes written custom for your truck onto your device for you. seems that they are pretty good about helping out if you're buying from them lol

might be worth a call/email to a vendor on here to see how they deal with this new tuner

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
no prob! one other thing to consider, if you have (or plan to have) and egr delete, you'll want to know whether the pre-loaded tunes will logically deleted the egr functionality ... that is, turns the CEL off. you have an 05? yeah, 05 to 07s usually pop a light on the dash... just something to think about

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea it has egr delete already. It doesnt throw a code now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its on the xcal2, extreme street setting. Which is the middle setting. The highest one is tittled "get er done" not impressed with whoever did that tune, seems like it was done for smoke. Lots of smoke and no power lol

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
edge preloaded tunes are not ford friendly. they also are not transmission friendly.
about the only thing edge tunes are good for are dodges.
get a real tuner for you ford.
or save yourself some money and send your SCT out and have some real tunes put in it since you already have it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im looking for change on the fly settings, quick and easy to switch to stock if its slick out or if the wife is driving it.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
edge preloaded tunes are not ford friendly. they also are not transmission friendly.
about the only thing edge tunes are good for are dodges.
get a real tuner for you ford.
or save yourself some money and send your SCT out and have some real tunes put in it since you already have it.
i gotta agree, i'd give this new edge tuner some time before going with it. id forgotten how bad the edge software was with transmissions!

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
Im looking for change on the fly settings, quick and easy to switch to stock if its slick out or if the wife is driving it.

after seeing how much work is in your truck, i see exactly why you want it back to stock when the wife drives lol! tastefully modified imho!

·
Registered
44 Posts
From Everything I've read and heard SCT is the way to go with ford since they are specific to ford.. I've never heard of a SCT tune killing a transmission but I hear that edge, DP tuner, are really hard on auto transmissions... I hear that some SCT tuners have the capability to change tunes on the fly... but haven't seen heard as to which years it's available on..

·
Administrator
8,334 Posts
DP tuner hard on transmissions has not been an issue in well over 10 years since Jody changed his tunes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Should I just stick with individual gauges for monitoring instead of getting a cts2? I have a xcal2 also lol and tuned as well as bulletproofed. I want to start monitoring egts and oil temp/boost closely, maybe pillar gauges

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts