Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the big 3 tuners for the 6.0?

I keep seeing reference to Matt, Mike, Eric...but never see the shop names or URLs

I also keep running across reference to Spartan, but their website only mentions the 6.4 and 6.7...no 6.0 love.

Please post your top 3 with shop names and URL's. thanks

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Spartan doesn't write tunes for the 6.0 anymore. Eric is from innovative, and matt from gearhead. Probably two most popular. I've heard good things from aggie at truck source diesel. Your power house tunes will come from gearhead and innovative.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Spartan is known for their 6.4 tuning, but theres better 6.0 tuning.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump for more opinions

placing my order on the 30th. Want to make sure I have all my research done before then. I figured this would be a litteral can of worms to open.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I've ran Innovative, Quick Tricks, Spartan, and Gearhead's tunes.

For daily driving, Matt at Gearhead's SRL+ beats the socks off any other comparable tunes (Extreme Street, Hybrid Race, and Looney Wild)..

For towing, Eric at Innovative's Aggressive Tow w/ Jake Brake is where it's at. I got it custom made to 80HP over stock (instead of the normal 65HP) and the EGT's are just as cool as stock tuning with 12k behind me. But I blow the doors of the semi trucks when accelerating up hills and on ramps..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you. the more I look here and on other sites, the more I am leaning towards Gearhead as well.

Until I do studs though, gotta lay off the SRL+...and I need to get at least 10k out of the current set of tires. They are brand new, so I don't want to just blow them off just yet

·
Registered
180 Posts
What about KEM?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Haha

From what I've read, matts srl tune should be fine for dd

Sorry, just went back and realized you said srl+...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the SRL tune actually sounds like more than I need. Want maybe? oh yeah. but I honestly think the truck has a ton of power once I'm boosting.

I'm mostly wanting low end power and better spooling. I don't get alot of higher RPM action around here (who does really in a PSD?)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Lol. A tune is more than you need...

I would go with the srl as a dd, and you should be more than happy with the way it spools. Have you visited gearheads site? It gives a decent explaination of their different tunes.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, I checked out all their sites yesterday
the SRL tune actually sounds like more than I need. Want maybe? oh yeah.
I need to calm down a bit. My 2 prior vehicles were a 06 Roush'd F150, and most recently a 09 Mustang Bullitt. I got the F-250 on the theory that I'd slow down and/or calm down from the maniacal driver I'd become lately

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hahahahaha... Well the srl isnt his most extreme tune.

Should'a bought a fiat

·
Registered
386 Posts
what kind of EGTs are you guys running with the srl or innovatives street tune? I have canned tunes right now and i can easily hit 1500* with the street tune?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have canned tunes
that is your problem. I don't know if I'd ever run canned tunes. They are generic and made for every single vehicle. Custom tunes are so much better for the truck and performance

·
Registered
386 Posts
that is your problem. I don't know if I'd ever run canned tunes. They are generic and made for every single vehicle. Custom tunes are so much better for the truck and performance
ya I know that. I havent had the sct for very long. I was just curious what you guys were seeing for EGTs

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
Erics and Matts tunes will let me hit my egt alarm set at 1350 pretty quick when racing
but just drivin hills it doesn't have a problem
stock I can't make the EGT alarm go off at all

1 - 20 of 24 Posts