Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What tunes is everyone running? I bought a Livewire w/extreme tune from Eric over at Innovative. I figured I'd get extreme street but not sure about the final 2. Anyone have any recommendations for someone that doesn't tow? When I had my 7.3L my DD was the 100hp performance on my DP F16 chip.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I run Eric's and DJ's tunes. Extreme Race in Innovatives and Looney in DJ's. They are pretty closer. I get an average of .04 faster with DJ's tune.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Be careful running extremes without head studs..

·
Registered
868 Posts
i ran DJs stuff for a few months and around the same time i did my lift and tires i started to run Eric's. my truck finally blew the gaskets but i was expecting it.

i would also try from Eric, his economy tune, and his highway economy...difference is the highway one makes more power when you roll on it from 70. those are what i have from him. from DJ i have pretty much the same thing except his looney and also a smoke tune.

i always run on looney or extreme. if you dont abuse it you will get as good as milage, always have the abilitly to kick some ricers ass, and always be able to smoke some unsuspecting tail gater.

·
Registered
868 Posts
also if you dont have a turbo back system i recommend getting one before you run your truck hard. it will greatly help reduce your egts.

and i dont know what your local stealership is like that you will get warrenty work done at but if you can run catless it sounds badass on these trucks

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hello, I am new to the site and I have been talking w/Innov about a SCT Livewire aswell. Please let me know your outcome as I will probably order mine the week after next. Thanks Richie

·
Registered
868 Posts
livewire is a little more then the xcal 2...its about $200 more. you get a lot more out of it. it does double as gauges and if you buy an egt probe you can monitor most of what you need to, (i usually do boost, coolant temp, engine temp, rpm, speed, and intake air temp) i dont have my egt cable yet but when i do i will take speed away and replace w/ egt. you can monitor 16 different things but up to 6 at once..and anything that you would have to "tap" into like trans or whatever else such as fuel or oil presure you would need gauges for.

im still getting 3 on my pilar but atleast i can have the other 6 at the same time

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses, I went ahead and just got the Extreme street, street, and aggressive tow. I'll get to find out today how they work:D

·
Registered
918 Posts
How are Jodys tunes for 6.0Ls??? anyone know?

·
Diesel Addict
411 Posts
I run Eric's Extreme Race tune most of the time. I love it. Extreme Street and Extreme Race are the same tune as I understand it except TC lockup is 2nd-OD gear on the Extreme Race and the Extreme Street has stock TC lockup characteristics which I believe is OD only. The standard street program is a nice all around driving program and you can tow light with it as well. And it helps that Eric's customer service is second to none and Innovative's prices are very competitive. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts