Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
It's not always the tunes, but the driver behind the wheel. The real question is do you think you can contain yourself from standing on it every time you leave a light.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Eric at Innovative has tunes for stock headbolts. As stated above though alot depends on you and how you drive, I've been tuned almost a year now on stock bolts and no issues (knock on wood).

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
been tuned for a about 6 months 200k on factory headbolts and havent had any issues towing with matts street tune.... but i also dont drive it like a race car... except every now n then to shut up a durdge driver

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had Eric's Extreme tunes on my truck for almost a year before I did studs and an egr delete. I had no issue with coolant loss, but I didn't beat the tar out of the truck either. No with studs I still drive it like I did before...but with no worries of puking coolant down the road.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
1,396 Posts
Been tuned for a while now with no problems. I run the truck thru the gears about once a day. Thats with X-street and Gearheads SRL

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have had tunes in my truck from just about everyone for the last 53000 miles and It had stock head bolts in it. (put the SCT on it at 996 miles) Some of the tunes sounded like a box of hammers under the hood. Some were very good. I had a bad EGR and I had a valve that was sticking so the head had to come off. The tech said my Gaskets were ok not great but just ok. Now I have new gaskets and ARP's.
So Just like what PSDPlayer said it depends on the Driver also. I did not stand on my at every light or every day either.

·
Registered
878 Posts
It's not always the tunes, but the driver behind the wheel. The real question is do you think you can contain yourself from standing on it every time you leave a light.
:ford: That's what I'm say'n....nobody gets that part........;) Matt R's street race lite and love'n it....but I dont drive her like a teenager in daddy's truck....more like a $45 wine glass...........lol just kidding...kinda

·
Registered
19 Posts
Depends on how you drive it. Just like everyone is sayin. I was fine with mine for about 6k and then started pukin. But I am perdy sure if I had not drivin it as hard as I do it would have been fine.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I spoke to Ted at Innovative and he said what has been said here....it is more the driver than anything.

Other than 5" exhaust, my truck is still stock, and he was not even remotely concerned having Eric give me the Extreme Street; which is +150/340 which would be around 420/790 at the wheels.

He said drive it right, and it will treat you right.

-w

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
my truck puked when i bought it just towing heavy, no tune, and the SRL basically finished it off .

·
ergh its a work truck
7 Posts
Ive got the SCT Livewire, and im running the street tune, i used the high performance and it was too much, i dont have enough will power to keep my foot out of it, but anyways, sct tuned with 38's and stock bolts, with no issues, and knock on wood, Im also running a 2003 6.0, i know i know, like walking on thin ice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts