Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i'm running the SCT canned tunes for now, good power but the shifts are way to late and soft. is this normal? in custom tunes is this problem fixed? it seems like it slips or it just shifts soft. also when it shifts it don't pull very hard, until you are well into the next gear. are innovatives tunes or any other tunes i can load onto my livewire the same? or is there a way to adjust this that i have not found?

·
Laces Out
12,312 Posts
well i'm running the SCT canned tunes for now, good power but the shifts are way to late and soft. is this normal? in custom tunes is this problem fixed? it seems like it slips or it just shifts soft. also when it shifts it don't pull very hard, until you are well into the next gear. are innovatives tunes or any other tunes i can load onto my livewire the same? or is there a way to adjust this that i have not found?
i am sure the custom tunes will shift better. i didnt run the canned tunes long enough to care. think i ran thru a couple gears..then loaded the big one.

1,052 Posts
Innovatives tunes should help but have you tried adjusting the shift firmness in the user adjustable options? You should be able to adjust it +20 or whatever the max is to firm it up a little. If that does not help, give Eric a call.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shift firmness isin't an option. i can adjust shift mph up or down, but that dont seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Erics custom tunes will be night and day difference than the can tunes. If it were me that is the direction i would head.

1,052 Posts
shift firmness isin't an option. i can adjust shift mph up or down, but that dont seem to make a difference.
Might need to update your SCT then because it should have several options in the user adjustable options. On/Off- Air Intake, DPF Delete Kit, Traction Control, WOT Shift Points, Shift Firmness if you scroll down in the menu. Or just save yourself some trouble and give Eric a call.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the sct has the latest firmware and all the updates in it. also how reputable is tadd?

·
Registered
475 Posts
With the latest firmware and tune revisions the SCT has two ways to adjust shift pressure. First choice is race,firm,soft in the beginning of setting up the tune installation. Second, as Rudy said, in the end user options section(last thing that is adjustable) shift pressure can be changed + or - 25%

·
Laces Out
12,312 Posts
ive been running tadd's insanity file for a while now.... its nasty..shifts great and pulls very hard. no smoke and low egt's .

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i have it set on the race trans, and are you sure i can adjust the shift pressure? and by adjusting the shift pressure will that make it shift sooner? it almost feels like if it would shift sooner and quicker it would probably be twice as fast as it is now.i think the late shifts is why i lost to a cummins yesterday :doh: and the canned SCT files smoke a little more than i like but egts are low on a run from 30 to 90 they never go over 1000 wide open.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks man, a lot of guys ask about my gauges. The blue back lights stand out
the blue back lights are badass!!! i just want to make all the interior lights in my truck that color of blue

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
is that possible?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts