Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help guys....im ready to pull the trigger on getting an SCT... I found a smoking deal on a SF3...I seached and searched for answers about being able to load custom files on the SF3,,,,,,and im getting conflicting anwsers, Some say you Cannot load custom files..And some people say you can? I dont wana buy this thing and just have the canned tunes

Whats the real deal ??? Thanks

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
You need the X3 or Livewire. Only 2 I think you should get. Going by SCT site the SF3 is preloaded tunes says nothing about custom tunes. Even under what they have listed on there site the only ones you can custom tune is X3, Livewire, 6.4 Livewire. So Id turn away from that one. Also contact one of the SCT vendors we have they can also guide you the right way.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Like i said above no where does it say you can custom tune it, and to contact one of the vendors to guide you the right way.

SF3 Power Flash Handheld Programmer
Part Number: 3015
Key Features:
• Latest Flash Technology
• Pre-Loaded with Dyno Proven Tune Files
• Reads / Clears DTC Trouble Codes
• User Adjustable Features
• Monitor Popular External Sensors
• 2010 Models Supported
• Built-In High Speed Datalogging

User Adjustable Features:
• WOT Fuel Adjustment • Idle RPM
• Spark Adjustment • Transmission Shift Points
• Axle Ratio • Fuel Injector Size
• Tire Size - Rev / Mile • Air Intake Selection
• Cooling Fan Temps • Traction Control On / Off
• Rev / Speed Limiters • Two StepOn / Off RPM

* Not all adjustments available on all vehicles
Pre-Loaded Dyno Proven Tune Files:
The SF3 arrives Pre-Loaded with DYNO Proven tune files that INCREASE HORSEPOWER, TORQUE and EVEN FUEL MILEAGE!

Large Backlit Screen:
With a HUGE Backlit display, the SCT SF3 Power Flash makes it EASY to read the Built-In Data Logging or Real Time Monitored Vehicle Data, view popular sensor data such as EGT, Air / Fuel Ratio or any other 0-5 Volt source via the Dual Input Analog port.
Read / Clear DTC Codes:
Using the SF3 Power Flash Device, you can now Read, Clear & Diagnose Trouble Codes without the expensive diagnostic fees charged by dealerships or your local garage.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I was fixin to say........Just did it yesterday, fixin to load some more right now

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
In the user manual it shows a screen for selecting between Custom tunes and Pre-Programed Tunes. Page 6, http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/3000-3015%20small.pdf It does look pretty conflicting though, later on in the manual it mentions about getting custom tunes for vehicles that have "wild combintations of NA parts" or power adders and to not use the SF3 device.

I have a Model 3000 that has X3 graphics on it and looks like an X3 but gets the SF3 update software. Mine has a spot for 3 of SCT's pre-programmed tunes as well as 3 Custom tune slots.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
I only stock the 3015 SF.... it holds the same 3 custom files that the 3000 holds.

The early 3000s had the 3015 preloaded tunes in them as well.....

·
Registered
878 Posts
I only stock the 3015 SF.... it holds the same 3 custom files that the 3000 holds.

The early 3000s had the 3015 preloaded tunes in them as well.....
Like Matt said I have the 3015 and the only difference is the 3015 has 3 canned tunes and ths X3 is left for customs only......I have 3 of Matt's tunes on the SF3 alongside the 3 canned tunes from SCT>>>>. ROck it brother you wont regret it.....:ford:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK....so the general consensus is.....That yes you can download 3 custom tunes on the SF3....Along with the already preloaded 3 canned tunes on the unit:shrug: Atleast i got more yes then no answers... but still i woder why some insist that you cannot

·
Registered
878 Posts
OK....so the general consensus is.....That yes you can download 3 custom tunes on the SF3....Along with the already preloaded 3 canned tunes on the unit:shrug: Atleast i got more yes then no answers... but still i woder why some insist that you cannot
Because they only own the X3 which is a lil newer version.....I do own the SF3 which I purchased from Matt...I have the three canned tunes and Three of Matt's tunes.....If you go to the SCT website all firmware updates and software is the same for both models.....END OF Story....

·
Registered
165 Posts
I asked the same question last month and this is what Adam's reply was...

the X3 is a blank unit. The SF3 is a pre-programmed unit, but it has room for custom tunes aswell.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't know why you would want to spend that much on a x3 if its a blank unit. seems too me if it was blank, it would be alot cheaper than the sf3. they seem to be right around the same price. but then you would have to spend that extra coin on custom tunes just to drive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replys guys.....thats fine with me all be happy with the canned tunes for a few weeks tell i load some custom ones.... i was just worryed i wouldent be able to load customs

Update.... Got unit from buddy lastnight.. Loaded up one of the canned tunes today And all i can say is wow.... Im grining from ear to ear..my truck doesent feel like a pig anymore

One question.... what Revs per min option do i need to select to make my speedo correct for 35' tires? ...

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
580-585. Think it comes out to 583, so take your pick.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Thanks for the replys guys.....thats fine with me all be happy with the canned tunes for a few weeks tell i load some custom ones.... i was just worryed i wouldent be able to load customs

Update.... Got unit from buddy lastnight.. Loaded up one of the canned tunes today And all i can say is wow.... Im grining from ear to ear..my truck doesent feel like a pig anymore

One question.... what Revs per min option do i need to select to make my speedo correct for 35' tires? ...
Scary part is going from canned "performance" tune to innovatives xtreme race is almost the same as going from stock to performance tune :evil

Hoping to try some of Matts tunes and maybe Dougs soon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts