Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Well the tune isn't fixed. I am so ready to just get my money back. I don't know if i am just having bad luck with it or if all these problems are normal at first. My Looney tune smokes so bad when the truck is cold it's rediculous. All i can use right now is my street tune and it's really nothing more than a canned tune. This "wonderful SCT" is just a big pain in the a**. I am either gonna sell it or find another tuner!!!
Man im telling you, Eric with IDP is who you need to get in contact with. Its not the handheld tuner, its your tuner personnel.

·
Fitter
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Man im telling you, Eric with IDP is who you need to get in contact with. Its not the handheld tuner, its your tuner personnel.
Well hopefully she will just let me return it and I'll get tunes from them I contacted Innovative today but their extreme tunes are $80 each so if I can return mine I'll get three of their tunes when I buy the tuner. You guys have any problems with your trucks blowing white smoke (raw fuel) on extreme tunes when your trucks are cold. Mine smokes like crazy till it's warm then runs fine.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Well hopefully she will just let me return it and I'll get tunes from them I contacted Innovative today but their extreme tunes are $80 each so if I can return mine I'll get three of their tunes when I buy the tuner. You guys have any problems with your trucks blowing white smoke (raw fuel) on extreme tunes when your trucks are cold. Mine smokes like crazy till it's warm then runs fine.
I dont have any tunes from her but somtimes it takes a little bit for the tuner to get it 100%... And my extreme tunes will smoke white in the winter.

·
Registered
617 Posts
White smoke is not always the tuner. It could be a number of things. White smoke is a factor of your EGR cooler or oil cooler crapping out, glow plugs or other things. Mine use to smoke in the morning like crazy, but clear out.

·
Fitter
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
White smoke is not always the tuner. It could be a number of things. White smoke is a factor of your EGR cooler or oil cooler crapping out, glow plugs or other things. Mine use to smoke in the morning like crazy, but clear out.
I agree but when I put it back to stock it doesn't smoke at all so it has to be tune. I am thinking about getting the truck reflashed today and see if it will fix it. I'll just get new tunes from her...she thinks this will help it she says the flash I have currently is one of the worst ones Ford has. Just keep dumping money till we're happy huh?

·
Registered
49 Posts
its not just quick tricks, there is some sort of a problem with the sct tunes being handed out by all tuners, gearheads, mkm, etc.. don't know the solution yet, they are working on it. Its SCT and hopefully we'll have an answer soon. (Im waiting to get a few tunes that arent working because of this too.)

·
Registered
103 Posts
sorry for pulling this back up but did you ever get the problem fixed??

·
Bunk
9 Posts
Mine started doing that also... Turned out to be a bad FICM. Nothing to do with the tunes, just bad luck. Good luck

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Its probably your truck.... you probably put the new tune in and went and beat the crap out of it and broke something else.... if your truck is bone stock and you tune it, adding the horsepower may amplify an already existing problem..... I, along with many others run SCT with differnt peoples tunes, and have no issues... hell alot of folks here run Vivians tunes with no problems at all...... so please do not bash the "tuner personnel". get your truck checked out and go from there.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
sorry for pulling this back up but did you ever get the problem fixed??
Hi,

WoW! This thread is from March but yes, the problem was 3 bad glow plugs. Here is the email I got from Nelly87:

Hi Vivian,

I have good news for once, I put in glow plugs and it fixed my issues. I have been driving truck for over a week and no CEL and no DTC's!!

It is very difficult to tell someone there is something wrong with their truck because they don't want to hear it. Most respond with, "it doesn't do it stock" and some with "it doesn't do it with so & so's tune". I've said it over and over, the Looney is a magnet for detecting even the most minimal problem. Usually it is a very inexpensive fix and something that down the road, was going to break and perhaps leave you stranded. I think it's a good thing to know ahead of time.

As far as Nelly87, we sent to him a glow plug module to install and see if the problem went away. It is not common for 3 or more glow plugs to go out at the same time. Unfortunately the module did not correct the issue but changing the glow plugs did. He then returned it to us and I haven't heard from him since so I think he's ok!

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine started doing that also... Turned out to be a bad FICM. Nothing to do with the tunes, just bad luck. Good luck

Sounds like a sad country tune to me, run it stock, Or bend over for some rev x.
Its probably your truck.... you probably put the new tune in and went and beat the crap out of it and broke something else.... if your truck is bone stock and you tune it, adding the horsepower may amplify an already existing problem..... I, along with many others run SCT with differnt peoples tunes, and have no issues... hell alot of folks here run Vivians tunes with no problems at all...... so please do not bash the "tuner personnel". get your truck checked out and go from there.....
Thank You. All good answers LOL

Vivian

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Hi,

WoW! This thread is from March but yes, the problem was 3 bad glow plugs. Here is the email I got from Nelly87:

Hi Vivian,

I have good news for once, I put in glow plugs and it fixed my issues. I have been driving truck for over a week and no CEL and no DTC's!!

It is very difficult to tell someone there is something wrong with their truck because they don't want to hear it. Most respond with, "it doesn't do it stock" and some with "it doesn't do it with so & so's tune". I've said it over and over, the Looney is a magnet for detecting even the most minimal problem. Usually it is a very inexpensive fix and something that down the road, was going to break and perhaps leave you stranded. I think it's a good thing to know ahead of time.

As far as Nelly87, we sent to him a glow plug module to install and see if the problem went away. It is not common for 3 or more glow plugs to go out at the same time. Unfortunately the module did not correct the issue but changing the glow plugs did. He then returned it to us and I haven't heard from him since so I think he's ok!

Thanks,
Vivian
this is awesome... he should have came back and cleared the air himself..... too many people run your tunes and are happy to hove something like this happen

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, after he sent me the email I thought of coming in myself and clearing it up but ... I do the best I can to provide a good product, service and support. I believe that should speak for itself.

Thank You. I do appreciate it!
Vivian

21 - 35 of 35 Posts