Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, asked a few times about Bullydog(I have a Triple Dog combo on an '04 6.0 w/K&N intake and 4" turbo back exhaust). I'm pretty convinced to go with the SCT. Can I use my Outlook monitor with the SCT? Where can I pick an SCT and where do I get the tune done?

·
Registered
8 Posts
U can use the outlook monitor, but i wouldnt reccomend it, i used my edge attitude monitor with my SCT and even with it turned to zero and the defuel off it still seemed to spool slower and not run as hard, and it would still defuel. This may be jus my problem that ive seen and noone else maybe experiencing it but i unplugged the edge and now jus run analog guages instead. I got my SCT from my buddy Newly with Underground Diesel Performance his number is (970)769-1679 he can get it custom tuned for you he has Tadd with Elite diesel do all of his Ford tuning. I am very happy with my setup.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Yes the Outlook will work with the SCT. As for looking for an SCT, Tadd @ Elite Diesel, Eric @ Innovative Diesel, or DJ from DJ's Diesel Performance all can help you. They all to Custom Tuning and havent heard a Bad thing about any of them.

·
<----Colin Banks
3,001 Posts
I guy I work with just killed his engine with that same bullychit set up. It never had an issue until that went on. Too bad I did not know him them to warn him.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the SCT live wire and the only complaint i have about it is that it has to be plugged into ur diagnostic port all the time and everytime u shut ur truck off u have to unplug it and then plug it back in and go through the whole menu again to start monitoring again, if there is a better way to monitor with it and u dont have to unplug it everytime and refresh it please let me know, cuz i dunno if im jus bein dumb and missed something in the instructions plus its quite large to be sittin in the windshield and i like to be a lil more discreat about my things, my $.02

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
Just buy yourself a set of gauges. For a couple hundred bucks you can watch your engine way better than off a little monitor.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
The folks Logan posted the the 3 best guys you need to talk to and no one else in my opinion alot guys deal with them. Most of them have the 6.0 and know alot about it as well.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I have the SCT live wire and the only complaint i have about it is that it has to be plugged into ur diagnostic port all the time and everytime u shut ur truck off u have to unplug it and then plug it back in and go through the whole menu again to start monitoring again, if there is a better way to monitor with it and u dont have to unplug it everytime and refresh it please let me know, cuz i dunno if im jus bein dumb and missed something in the instructions plus its quite large to be sittin in the windshield and i like to be a lil more discreat about my things, my $.02
ahhaha i was exactly where you are! i called vivian and found out if you push the wheel and hold it down it will turn off!!!!!!!!!!! :poke:

i moved mine from my window down to by me leg kinda..in the little sunglass holder.

·
The Stig
1,614 Posts
get the Xcal 2 and some autometer guages. that's the way to go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ahhaha i was exactly where you are! i called vivian and found out if you push the wheel and hold it down it will turn off!!!!!!!!!!! :poke:

i moved mine from my window down to by me leg kinda..in the little sunglass holder.

Ahh thats nice to know, now i can power it off. I have and excursion so my sunglass holder is overhead, but i found that it sits in the dash cupholders nicely, even with 4x4 launches at 25lbs of boost on the clock. Thanx for the advice! Its greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
I agree with the sct, But I went with Di Pricols, they match the dash perfect and look like they were there from day 1.

·
Registered
868 Posts
gauges usually take away from the sleeper look IMHO. everytime i see someone with gauge i figure they either have some stuff done or they tow alot depending on the type of truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts