Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about a week of research and I still haven't found anything to fix my problem. A week ago I went to put my 6.4 back to stock using the sct x4, and I got "error 110d8, download failed" after this I tried a to disconnect the batteries and drain the compactors and try again, no go. Then I connected it to a battery charger and tried again, no go. So I contacted sct and they took me through the steps to rebuild my stock file, and I did that, and still no go. Then I was told that I could either have the dealership reflash my PCM or send it to them to get it back to stock. Then like a dumbass said "but in stock it'll be in limp mode without the dpf and egr". At that point sct told me, "we can't help you anymore unless you can prove that you have all the emissions equipment." Now, I'm not the owner who got rid of the equipment, and I have no idea where it would have gone. So I'm kinda SOL there. My only idea, is to tow it to the shop, have it be IDS reflashed, then try and see if the tuner will let me put in one of the canned tunes back when sct did support the deletes. If not, I'll drive it home in limp mode and see if I can send the tunner off to someone who can unlock it, as I'm probably on some list with sct now, and see if I can then put one of the canned tunes on. My only other idea if I can't get it unlocked is to see if I can get it reflashed, then have the tuner return to stock, then flash a canned tune; but something inside me says it's probably not a good idea to return to stock, after its already been reflashed. Right now all I have is a 4 ton paperweight, until I can figure this tuning stuff out. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this, or has any clearer idea than me. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: got the truck flashed back to stock. Tried to return to stock with the tunner and it locked me out again, so had the mechanic flash it back to stock again. At this point I think there is something wrong with the tuner, and I definitely dont think that SCT will be unlocking it anytime soon for me. So my next step is to look for a new tuner that supports the deletes and hopefully go from there.
To add, the truck does now start, I just have to jump the ignition wire to do so.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts