Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been thinking of getting a SCT livewire with EGR/DPF delete and was wondering if I can tune and do dpf delete and egr valve and coolers later on? I never done this before and don't know how it all works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess what I said didn't make sense. I want to do the tuner and delete the dpf first and down the road delete the egr valve and coolers. I didn't know if when I do the tuner if it delete all of it or can I back and do the egr valve and coolers.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Need some more info... such as truck specs.

Generally if you program a delete tune into the truck and then run it without actually deleting anything, it could end in catastrophic failures..

Usually you program the tune in first just to make sure everything works and then proceed to delete the hardware. If you put in a delete tune and leave the dpf on, it can clog up and make truck go boom. The egr system will be turned off with a delete tune and usually can be left in place though it’s not recommended. Leaving it in and disabled could cause a chain reaction so to speak if it’s not removed sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
09 f350 with 6.4. Thought of tuning, deleting cat and dpf for now and delete egr and coolers another time.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Cheap EGR deletes can be had for like $30, and they're exactly the same as the $300 name brand plugs and blockoff plates. Do yourself a favor and don't just block off the egr pipe right where the horizontal cooler was, reach behind the turbo and block it there.

But you should be able to specify in the menu options 'dpf disable' separately from 'egr disable open / closed'.... I don't think I would want to tho. You're not only still running pressurized hot gas thru the coolers but now a lot more of it as the truck is gonna run better without the chokepoints in the exhaust. I don't know how much stress this could create inside those coolers but they're notorious junk so why risk it even if you choose to keep the egr valve open.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
When you load the tune just unplug the two or three harnesses going into the top of the valve if you're looking to verify the tune is delete capable. Same with the DPF, just unplug the pressure sensor and the three Pyro sensors then look for trouble codes and lights. If it's not a delete tune you'll definitely know it.

You're aware just the SCT out of the box is not delete capable, correct? You have to find a third party to provide the emissions altering tunes. And lately, they're becoming few and far in between.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey have a live wire ts too looking for custom tune having a hard time finding a vendor to write a tune any luck with that sct no longer supports it. any info you can share would be great

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a livewire ts tuner also and am looking for custom tunes for my truck. can anyone help me out?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts