Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an 2006 F250 about a month ago, 233k, cclb srw. It had headstuds and egr delete done before I purchased, $4500 job at a shop in Indiana.
I've had several 7.3's and am new to the 6.0, been doing some research and trying to learn as much as possible. The truck is stock height, and I am eventually wanting to put 35 12.5 20's on with 4" or so lift. First I wanted to straight pipe and program. I have a flo pro 5" pipe picked out, and was looking at an Sct Livewire TS plus (updated version, shift on fly, and wifi) Correct? I saw that there's and earlier version, so I'm assuming difference is the plus. Was just wanting some opinions on what programmer and what custom tunes to get from what dealer. I've only installed and used the ts 6 pos chips on 7.3's. So bare with me, am new to the email download tunes stuff. Just not wanting to stick on any tuner and tear up other components, because of cheap/junk programming. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
SCT is THE only way to go on the 6.0, plus all the big tuners only really tune on the SCT

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm running the Livewire TS+ and love it. I can't used any of the pre-loaded tunes on there due to my mods. I can't change tunes on the fly either due to the custom tuning. Have 3 Warren Diesel and 3 Gearhead tunes loaded. I like it a lot!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I have 2008 f250 dpf delete and a straight 5" exhaust just got a mini maxx haven't used it yet but disappointed in the screen size. I originally was looking at the livewire ts but the dpf and egr deletes are not supported without custom tuning and seems to be that the mini maxx and Spartan are preferred tuners on the 6.4. I'm not sure what I would like to do yet but is there good custom tunes out there for the livewire I am interested in mpg tune and some power tunes for fun sometimes. I also would like to delete the egr as well. Any ideas on what the best route might be stuck it out with the mini maxx or go to a livewire for the bigger monitor and gauges on the screen.Also are there custom tunes for the mini maxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts