Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, got my livewire installed and 2 questions about the monitor:

1) Had the monitor hooked up for a few days before my EGT probe came and noticed had some guage going that read "manifold_absolute_f". before I was running tunes it stayed below 30, now its running a bit below 100. I was wondering what this reading even is and if that's normal? Also, I'll get back soon with what the description is when its being monitored, I think it was MAF_PSI, but i'll get back on that

2) Also wondering why my engine coolant temps are so crazy, varies from -260 deg to +160, but never more than that. Anyone else have this issue with the SCT and any ideas?

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
There isn't even a coolant temp sender on the engine, well not for the PCM.

So I would not expect to see it functioning correct.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, that answers one of my questions, Although I wonder what that value is reading? I guess it could be anything if there is some equation for that information that is incorrect.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
More then one OBD reading device comes up with screwy coolant temps. AE to name one and Interceptor to name another.

Tom

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so back to my other question: when I display the manifold_absolute_f in the monitor its name is "map_kpa", so its displaying the map sensors readings i guess, but why is there such a difference in readings between tunes? to reiterate:

Stock tune: didn't get a reading above 30, I think that was at idle and while driving

Performance tune: reading just below 100 at idle and up, not sure how high cuz i wasn't romping on it today, but i did notice it up to 116

·
Registered
699 Posts
Pretty much every reading on mine is goofy. I'm guessing it has to do with units they are measured in or conversion calculations they use. When I tried monitoring ICP or other things I would get numbers that made no sense as far as the readings. I have actual gauges also and even the boost is off and not in a consistent manner so that I could even guess, sometimes off by 5psi sometimes off by 10psi. Trans temp starts out at like 600 and goes down to 300 or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts