Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i would like to get a programmer but i got a few questions. its a 07 stock w exhaust and intake

should i do it w thew stock studs?

what about the egr cooler? i know it should be deleted but do i have to? thanks

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Get the programmer. I'm set up basically the same way for 15 000 miles with progrmamer and have had zero egr or hg problems. Just drive it sensibly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have had my livewire in since the truck had 10 000 KM's on it (its an 06) Ran the looney tune day in and day out only take it out to tow and I blew my gaskets at 89 000 Km's so it went like 80k before they blew and that was with stock exhaust and intake just the tuner. I now have 150 000 Km and the stock bolts are still holding again and haven't puked once since ford fixed my HG's. I now have an exhaust but just got that put on so I have bacially ran it right from new till where I am now completely stock with a high HP tune. But some guys have troubles right away but with an exhaust you should be alright just don't go crazy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You should have no problem if thats all you plan to run doesn't sound like you are pulling too heavy. As for the EGT probe I haven't done one yet but they are not all that hard to do just use a vacuum or a bit of grease or both when drilling and tapping to keep shavings out of the manifold. I bought mine from Vivian at quick tricks performance she is great to do deal with, but there is also innovative, gogo, elite. Tones of places to get them but I am not sure on the cheapest sometimes the support from the tuner you get it from is worth the little extra you may pay form them

·
Still learning
368 Posts
yea i just plan to keep it on the mild tune and also use thw tow tune i pull alot but nothing heavy just a 18' tilt trailer and lift or tractors canyou put the egt probe in yourself or is it a pita
It's not bad at all to install probe. Like stated before use grease or vacum for the shavings, some also drill the manifold with the engine running to blow pieces out. The driver's side manifold towards the rear has plenty of room to work.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i decided im going to get the live wire soon and get studs done at some other point i just got to make a call to a dealer. and i am going through innovative diesel been talking to eric very helpful

1 - 20 of 23 Posts