Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about selling my current Sct programmer and getting the ITSX.. Plus I do alot of traveling and trailor pulling.. Would much rather use my iPhone to program the truck wirelessly they have to plug up my programmer everytime.. Just wanted to see if anyone had some reviews yet! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Which SCT are you selling? I may be interested in buying it depending what it is. And if you don't already have a buyer.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The iTSX is a very cool device. Custom tuning support was just added this week and it works very well. You'll definitley enjoy using it. Please give us a call if you need anything, we have the pre-programmed and custom versions in stock.

·
Trade up playa
323 Posts
Hey Eric, could you explain the differences between the new iTSX and the old x3 in terms of custom tuning and use?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hey Eric, could you explain the differences between the new iTSX and the old x3 in terms of custom tuning and use?
Sure, the actual tunes are the same. The iTSX uses your iphone, itouch, or ipad to program the truck, as well as monitor PIDS. You can view boost, egt, engine oil temp, engine oil temp, trans temp, etc. on the device screen.

Thanks!

·
Trade up playa
323 Posts
Is this run only through apple products or is it also available for android devices?

·
Trade up playa
323 Posts
Awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Does this VIN lock like the others or can I just carry it from truck to truck? Is there anyway to monitor egt's with this yet?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, it vin locks like the others and the tunes would be emailed using the serial number from the ITSX, same as the X3, Livewire and TSX.

You can read egts with it. If you already have an SCT egt probe, you will need to purchase a new analog cable and splice it with the firewall cable. If you will be purchasing a new egt probe, you will need to specify that it is for an ITSX.

Thanks,
Vivian

P.S. We have played with it and it is a really kewl gadget.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks Vivian! Thank you for the info.

·
n00b
39 Posts
so how do upload custom tunes on the iDevices?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Ooh. Nifty! Lol! So can you have more than one device work as the gauges? As in my wife's excursion will be the truck it goes on so could she use her phone when in it and me use mine when I drive it?

Also, can a person with an old Droid x (when the android version is released) or an old iPhone that is no longer being used, be put in a car dock and used without service actually activated on the phone? I guess a better way to put it is, is it Bluetooth or service based? It would be nice to have a device stay in the vehicle at all times like the banks PDA.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi,

The itsx works via bluetooth. Cell service is not needed. However for updates and software WIFI access is needed. You don't need a subscription to a cell service provider. You should be able to use the different iPhone/iPod/iPad with the same dongle. Just unpair from the original phone.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That works! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts