Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bad spark plug! No cookie
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone currently running custom tunes on the SCT know how the FICM may be affected. Can custom tuning stop the inductive heating that the FICM calls for and ultimately causes the Fuel Injection Control Module to out in the first place? Also what years of the 6.0 did inductive heating be part of the strategy? Thanks a whole bunch

Jesse

·
Registered
338 Posts
The SCT can not tune your FICM.
You can get your FICM tuned like I did.
I got mine done from PHP.
It was a good thing to do, 1-1.5 mpg gain and less turbo lag.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Inductive heating was added to the trucks when ford would reflash trucks brought in for service, so any 6.0 could have it. I had my 04 rolled back by PHP and now it runs like the first 04 that I had before inductive heating.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the inductive heating is tied to the truck's PCM and the strategy, not the FICM. Not sure what year it started, but a lot of trucks ended up getting reflashed with this strategy, and then flashed again at a later date which removed it.

The short answer is that a SCT will not change your FICM, nor will it damage it. And the only way to get rid of the inductive heating is to get the truck reflashed, but that will also mean you need to get new custom tunes for the SCT.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Inductive heat is in the FICM strategy

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright so long answer short. If you reflash your truck using a SCT programmer with custom tunes you will effectively be safeguarding your FICM. Am i getting this right or am i still sideways? :stupid:

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
Uh, the long answer short is a SCT programmer does NOTHING to the FICM period. In order to affect the FICM a separate "FICM" tune must be used, which at this time anyways can not be done with a SCT. Hope this helps.

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
you need to contact PHP to use their remote gryphon programmer which has been made to flash the FICM. Or you can send it out to get flashed. The SCT will not touch the ficm like previously mentioned

The flash that kills the FICM is the ficm flash itself it has nothing to do with the PCM programming (SCT) and needs to be addressed if its a inductive heating flash.

When you reflash the FICM you do not need to update your sct pcm programming as it has nothing to do with it.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks greg sounds like you hit the chicken while it was clucking

jesse

·
Registered
756 Posts
Not trying to derail but this is related so I'll ask anyway. How exactly does a tuner like an SCT change your timing and pulse width and all that if it doesn't effect the FICM? (I'm not denying that it doesn't effect the FICM I'm just wondering how it doesn't) Isn't the FICM what controls all that stuff in the first place?

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Not trying to derail but this is related so I'll ask anyway. How exactly does a tuner like an SCT change your timing and pulse width and all that if it doesn't effect the FICM? (I'm not denying that it doesn't effect the FICM I'm just wondering how it doesn't) Isn't the FICM what controls all that stuff in the first place?
Injector PW and timing is in the PCM. base tables are in FICM

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the inductive heating is tied to the truck's PCM and the strategy, not the FICM. Not sure what year it started, but a lot of trucks ended up getting reflashed with this strategy, and then flashed again at a later date which removed it.

The short answer is that a SCT will not change your FICM, nor will it damage it. And the only way to get rid of the inductive heating is to get the truck reflashed, but that will also mean you need to get new custom tunes for the SCT.
not neccessarily. When my truck was reflashed from ford the very first time they came out with a reflash...i used the same tunes for a little while before i got new ones for the new strategy. Eric told me that the strategy didn't change that much and that my current tunes that i was running at the time would be fine until i got new ones for the new strategy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts