Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to increase my MPG with the SCT 3015 tuner.
What tune/settings are you guys running for max fuel economy improvement?

Thanks!

·
JGman141
859 Posts
I'm wanting to increase my MPG with the SCT 3015 tuner.
What tune/settings are you guys running for max fuel economy improvement?

Thanks!
Most people get the best mpg's when running the hottest tune they have. You just have to keep your foot out of the pedal

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Here is a link someone told me to link here.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Love it......but mpg is important. I put 160k on my truck last year....A tenth of mile adds up. I added stage 1 sticks & tuning....gained 3.5 mpg.

·
GITSOME
27 Posts
FICM tuning is just as important, I guess this is a plug for Innovative Diesel, they have a FICM tuner. The have a you tube video explaining all that stuff and how it works.

2006 Ford F250 4x4, SCT SF3, minor mods

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My post wasn't a "ZOMG I NEED 30MPG OUT OF MY TRUCK" I have realistic expectations. The truck I bought isn't setup to try to maximize MPG. Between the mud terrians and the lift I don't expect it to sip fuel. I just want to save a little money at the pump, as does everyone.
Every little bit that I can save at the pump is a little more I get to spend on it for mods.

Specifically, I wanted to know about the various settings in the canned tunes that would help MPG.

Are there any changes that can be made to the transmission tuning that would improve hwy mpg as well?

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Canned tunes are horrible for MPG. Have a custom tune written for you truck

Sent from my Smart Car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts