Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today i was changing out my valve springs and had a long screw driver through the glow plug hole to make sure the piston was top dead center. I pulled the screw driver out after a while of cranking the motor over by hand and the tip was broke off. I dont know how this exactly happened or if the screw driver was broke before but i am 95% sure the screw driver was fine. Is there a way to see or does anyone make a magnet small enough to get through the gp hole? Any input would be great im in a real bind now. Thanks

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Go to your local auto parts store or hardware store...there is a magnet that looks like a screwdriver..it has a very small end that you can extend out. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya thats what i am thinking i hope i can find a magnet small enough to get through the hole and that it didnt score anything up in there.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya i dont know if anyone around here has one?

·
POWERSTROKEMIKE
546 Posts
how about using a small piece of tubing an a vacuum cleaner.. have it suck on the hose.. (make sure it doesnt clopass) an work it around the cyclinder an see if you can get teh broken piece out if its in there..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ain't missing parts around an open motor always fun...lol. I have a little magnet on a telescpoping rod that is 1/4" or so, I think I got it at advance auto. Good luck and hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.