Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a polish or way to get rid of the small scratches from grit on the windows being rolled up and down? Also I have some hard water spots on my rear windows I want to clean off.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Stroke it B!tch
964 Posts
I feel ya I'd like to know as well.

·
Here for the Ride!
494 Posts
I dont know of any way to get the scratches out, but the hard water stains just spray some window cleaner on and clean them good (so you dont scratch them anymore in the next part). Now spray them with window cleaner again and rub them with some fine steel wool and it should take it off then wipe it clean with a good rag. Hope that helps

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use this acid cleaner called g7. It come in a 1gallon size and take out all the hard water stains on the window in seconds. I also use it to take of the water spots on my black truck,just have to polish it after because it removes the polish on the paint.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Claybar does awesome to remove stains/spots on the windows.

·
Here for the Ride!
494 Posts

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Thing is to regularly clean the felt that the window slides against of grit so you can keep scratches to a minimum. I keep a trigger sprayer of windshield washer fluid to clean my side windows if they real dirty before I roll them down.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
162 Posts
would never have thought to take steel wool to my windows.... just doesnt seem right, but i have never seen 0000.. im just picturing this

·
Here for the Ride!
494 Posts
would never have thought to take steel wool to my windows.... just doesnt seem right, but i have never seen 0000.. im just picturing this
If ya wanna use that you would be just as well off to take a grinder to your window LOL but no, this steel wool is real fine and its not hard on them at all. The SOS pads that people use for cleaning dishes is basically steel wool. I use them to clean my exhaust tip all the time and it works great plus they have soap built in to them just need a little water.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Car Care, Detail Supplies, Garage Organization, Car Accessories - Griot's Garage 800-345-5789 their glass polish is great!.. i am going to try this steel wool and see how it works out. with it being winter the sand and salt on the road is scratching the hell out of my window. i wish ford didnt do the felt and used rubber or some other material instead. anyone know of a permanent fix? the only problem is to clean them out u have to roll the window down which at that point the damage is already done?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts