Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck used from a dealer and didn't notice that the previous owner must of open and closed the window when it was full of mud. I was wondering if their is a way to fix the scratches without buying a new window or do i just have to live with the scratches.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Yup my front windows look just like that too, you'll start noticing it on other trucks too. I don't know how it works, but I guess the Ford seals are just junk. Mine collects dust and dirt and thats what scratches up the windows.

Some more info here, Scratches on outside of windows? - PowerStrokeNation

Seems new seals aren't all that pricey and might be an improved design to avoid these scratches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If your fingernail catches on the scratches its done....no polishing will fix it.
I ran my fingers across the scratches and some are worse than others. I looked at the window seals and they were full of a fine power dust from the gravel roads. I'm gonna order that kit i think and see if i can git rid of those ugly scratches.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Crack the window enough to get a grasp on the window, and pull the window in toward you and then roll the window down keeping it from all the dust/ debris in the seal. Then when the window is down you can clean the seals and keep it from scratching the hell out of your windows. I used to have to do this 2-3 times a week when i worked out west. They were always getting full of sand, dust, etc, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts