Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing cab on 6.0 headgaskets. Well my dumbass forgot one headstud to ziptie on
for pass side so I had to take the head back off. And I scratched sealer off while doing that. Should I scrap the gasket and get anther. Or is it ok. They are sinisters black diamond so it I scrap it I'm going to end up just buying oem as there cheaper then buying anther set of black diamonds.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Personally, I'd toss those black diamonds (known for failing early) and get oem or felpro. I know it's another $150 (or so), but cheaper than doing the job again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm not a diesel mechanic but I've been building engines for a long time and I would think that with a little copper head gasket spray on there it should be ok.

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts
LOL I was thinking the same
Black Onyx gaskets were known for failures IDK what sisinter uses but they look like victor reinz

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally, I'd toss those black diamonds (known for failing early) and get oem or felpro. I know it's another $150 (or so), but cheaper than doing the job again.
Where have you seen write ups on the sinister black diamonds failing early? I've looked around before starting this and couldn't find anything other then 1 write up where truck had 30k miles after doing job. But he didn't do Oring heads.

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts
I think he was confusing the black onyx gaskets with early failure that was not the same as the victor reinz

just verify what brand they are selling as their black diamond

·
Registered
32 Posts
Check with your head maker because certain guys who do the o ring do them for certain type of gaskets!
Killdevil o rings for use with felpro
Power stroke products o ring for oem

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts
Fact check Kill Devil
Our O-ringed heads work with any standard “off the shelf” head gaskets,
now Powerstroke products states theirs "do not work with Felpro" but I wouldn't buy theirs anyway
I bet they all locate the ring in the same area ,, depth can vary

·
Registered
32 Posts
Killdevil heads flow better but I had 4 glow plugs leaking down over night and a head warped bad with in 1 year installed on a reman short block
Power stroke products claim Jarrod gets the raw heads from him anyhow and they all come from China.
What I seen from killdevil they recommend the felpro because of the"fire ring" fold on the gaskets.
I run power stroke products and only difference is the flow. Not as good mpg

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts
I bet Kill Devil Diesels CEO Jared Anderson would have issues with some of these statements since they directly contradict his statement on sourcing heads and working with the MFG of the castings to his spec

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe but he don't tell anyone that their made in China does he!? I paid 2,200 for a set of his China heads and one was warped and had 2 glow plugs in each head leaking down during cooling. Heads were installed on a new. Ford remanufactured engine! His warranty department and him definitely had an issue with responding to my mechanic about the warranty! He had to warranty it himself and purchase new heads for my truck! Jarrod can kiss my white ass!

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts
he never made a secret of the china head connection , he used to be pretty active on the ORG and used to take us step by step thru a lot of the processes
I guess he is too busy now , but we all knew they were china castings and the improvements he was having them do for those heads

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts
Casting country aside the valve train parts and machining are key and what puts some guys way ahead of the preloaded china heads

·
Administrator
33,141 Posts
Since you are the only person I have ever seen with issues on his heads ,,, well as I typed that I think I have seen someone with two variants of castings who understandably wanted them Identical

how long ago did you have problems with your heads ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts