Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 02 superduty, I only used windex and paper towels, but it appears that I scratched or hazed the lower section of the instrument cluster. It is annoying when the sun hits it. Any idea how I can polish the plastic to get rid of the scratches.

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
On my 02 superduty, I only used windex and paper towels, but it appears that I scratched or hazed the lower section of the instrument cluster. It is annoying when the sun hits it. Any idea how I can polish the plastic to get rid of the scratches.

O'riellys sells some stuff to use on stratched headlight lense. Im unsure of the brand or even what the bottle looks like. I do know that my brother used it on his work car headlights and it cleared them right up. Almost looked brand new after he did that. But it was for plastic headlight lense covers.

Might look into that.

·
<-Friends bike
1,125 Posts
You may want to try a good brand of car wax ...

·
Body Type: MULE
2,012 Posts
wax will scratch it worse. once it dries its not good on plastic without a clearcoat surface.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think that someone would make a polishing compound for this.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
403 Posts
We used tooth paste back in the day... paper towels are your problem.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up using McGuiers #10 plastic polish. So far I have spent about 10 minutes on it and it is about 50% better. This polish can be used by hand and is about 8 bucks for a bottle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts