Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Leakin and Smokin
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At my Community College we are putting a 6.0 into a 96 Ranger to go drag racing with. After it get's studded and deleted, what would you do to this engine and why?

It's an esoteric question, but it's also part of my project, so i need some help!

I really need help with the specific parts, as in EXACTLY what turbo, not just "throw some compounds on it"

I have no idea what works for a 6.0 and I'm a little out of my depth as far as diesel performance goes.

·
We put the FU! in FUN
1,625 Posts
lol Deranged should have a few things to say about this

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
y didnt you all put a common rail or a 6.4;)in it

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
The first coast truck and Tim's deranged should give you plenty of ideas.

Any power number or time goals you are shooting for??

Lots will depend on budget, but sct with a raqce file and ficm tuning, then maybe an 03 turbo stock injectors and some nitrous should move it pretty good for fairly cheap without doing injectors bigger turbo and a fuel system.

·
Leakin and Smokin
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first coast truck and Tim's deranged should give you plenty of ideas.

Any power number or time goals you are shooting for??

Lots will depend on budget, but sct with a raqce file and ficm tuning, then maybe an 03 turbo stock injectors and some nitrous should move it pretty good for fairly cheap without doing injectors bigger turbo and a fuel system.
I'm looking those trucks up now.

As far as goals, the school has an electric dragster that missed the MPH world record by 6, a 10 sec E85 stang, so... I would say ten's would probably impress people sufficiently.

honestly, i don't know the budget, I do know the part's will be donated, my instructer just asked me to start researching as far as turbo upgrades, etc.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
do injectors and twins for sure.... and a supercharger would be B A! maybe dougs parallel turbo intake manifold would fit in on this project...... :evil:... and a whole bunch of nitrous

·
Leakin and Smokin
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is what I has so far, remember, I need all the supporting parts.

6.0 Powerstroke Parts.

Full Race cylinder heads, 4000.00
Empire Diesel
SuperDog 250 FASS 877.00
Empire Diesel
250mm Injectors, 1800.00
River City Diesel

I'm still reading through the procharger threads.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
All I would do it head stud it. The remove the egr cooler and replace it with a 60mm wastegate, exit the gate up through the cowl. Put in a set of Hypermax 340cc hybrids, which I have for sale, and then put on 3 stages of NOS on it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts