Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck was broken into and stolen 2 weeks ago. I recovered it. Insurance is paying for the damage.

I'm sitting with a truck with the locks broken in both front doors and no ignition cylinder.

My truck has power locks. I am about to order Jimmi Jammers. I will be installing some sort of system, maybe RFID based to disable the throttle on my truck.

I think I want to buy an alarm, preferably one that texts me or calls my cell if my truck gets in trouble. I know nothing about alarms.

I think I want to go keyless. I'm worried about something going wrong and having no way to get in short of smashing a window.

What should I do ?

Thanks

·
Reloading
429 Posts
If you can smash a window to get in, "THEY" can smash a window to get in. Going keyless is a waist of time and money, and if you have a power problem you're screwed. They can also get in through the top of the door pulling it back and using a rod to hit the power door lock switch. But you have to replace the door handles anyway. Your best bet would be to go with a paging alarm and some kind of 'no start' option like the Ravelco.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can smash a window to get in, "THEY" can smash a window to get in.
That is much noisier and more visible than going in through the doors. You can't drive a truck around with a smashed window and not get noticed.

Going keyless is a waist of time and money, and if you have a power problem you're screwed.
Every thief around knows you can get into a Superduty in about 20 seconds via the door key locks. Why would you leave that route open ?

They can also get in through the top of the door pulling it back and using a rod to hit the power door lock switch.
Not if I cut the power to those switches when its parked. Thanks for the tip on how that worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts