Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.schaefferoil.com/diesel_treat_2000.html

I just finished my first tank with this additive. The engine is noticeably smoother, and I did pick up just under/over 1 mpg.

I consistantly average 14.5 to 14.8 mpg with my normal around the town tanks. The first full tank, hand calculated, filled to the brim of the filler neck everytime was:

x 3.69
$105.50​

/ 28.59
15.67 mpg

That's pretty good mileage for morning warm ups and 14 miles of stop lights each way to work.

The can of diesel treat I have now treats up to 120 gallons. I eyeballed this into thirds and am on my second tank now. I will post results as I get them.

Thanks to Rich, whitebuffalo, for pointing me in this direction.

·
Registered
670 Posts
How much was it?

and how much ($) does it add to a fill up?

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
it runs about $5 and each 16 oz can treats 125 gallons. So, for a 30 gallon tank that cost about $1.25 a fillup. Some buy the gallon containers, a concentrated formula that treats 2,000 gallons of diesel for $30 each.

Here is a link to the info page on Schaeffer's:

http://schaefferoil.com/diesel_treat_2000.html

a 96 OZ of diesel kleen cost @ $15 and treats 300 gallons. You would need to buy 7 of these to treat what 1 gallon of Schaeffer's treats. In addition, Schaeffer showed better results on the lubrication test done by dieselplace and with Schaeffer's you get a 5 point cetane boost. With dieselkleen you only get a 3 point cetane boost unless you double dose it, then you would need to buy 14 96 oz bottles instead of the 7.

here is the link to the lubrication study:

http://www.johnfjensen.com/Diesel_fuel_additive_test.pdf

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where do you get the Schaeffer's 2000? I run diesel kleen simply because it's available at Wally mart, but would rather run Schaeffer's if I can find it.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Pardon me if I am skeptical.

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Where do you get the Schaeffer's 2000? I run diesel kleen simply because it's available at Wally mart, but would rather run Schaeffer's if I can find it.

PM JTHarvey or call the 1-800 number listed on the Schaeffer's website (www.schaefferoil.com) and ask for the closest sales rep in your area. If you go to the dealer locator part of Schaeffer's website it will only show the retail locations and not the sales reps. An actual sales rep can save you 20% and have it delivered to your door. Jeremy will gve you the full scoop....

·
RDRCM
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two receipts since the pump shut off at $75 :mad:

11.807 gallons @ 3.999 per gallon =$47.22
18.754 gallons @ 3.999 per gallon =$75.00

470.6 on the trip = 15.4 mpg

A little less than last tank, there were a few smokey convoys to and from the Dyno, but still over my average.

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
I was also averaging better mileage while running it. While running shaeffers I was averaging nearly 17mpg on the hwy in my obs truck, before i was getting 15's. Im waiting on another can of additive to arrive so i can test it more.

·
993 Posts
Digging up another old thread. :evil
I keep the small cans in stock, gallons I would have to order in but not much of a problem.
I just ordered a few cans of this Bean. Figered I'd give it a try if it's as good as what youn's are sayin I'll buy a 5 gallon bucket later.
I'll post my results later too.

·
An Ancient view on life
314 Posts
I am with Dave on this one. I am not bashing a product, because I have been acussed of taking a leak in the tank to look for improvements.

Way to many variables are sitting in one tank of fuel to call for a 7-8% fuel improvement. Hell on the Jetta, just driving in the heavy rain will affect the mileage that much or more. 10 mph of wind will pull 3 to 4 mpg off of it.

When I am testing some products, I always find my mind and foot are much more aware of mileage, and that probably has an effect on the numbers.

If I would get off my lazy butt, I would build a 1 gallon container with on/off tie ins to the fuel system so that I could run a gallon at a time out while driving, but then I look at the mess it would cause and just park the truck and drive the Jetta.

As far as lubricity issues, I use only bio diesel at a ratio of 1/2 gallon to 15 gallons. Celtain wise, I think it makes a difference in cold weather for starting, a little bit, but way to many variables to toss in 3 or 5 numbers of celtain to make big mileage improvements.

Four things will make the most difference in you mileage,

1. Your right foot.
2. Tire pressure
3. Speed. 75 to 60 in the truck is 3 to 4 mpg, 7 to 8 in the Jetta
4. Traffic awareness

I am not bashing additive, because I use them. I think the biggest thing they do is to help keep the fuel system clean. Just for grins, I put a diesel clean in the fuel filter when I change the fuel filter.

JonFord

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Which type did you order?

Summer Blend
Winter Blend
Artic Plus

Schaeffer's also makes an additive for Bio-Diesel, increase stability, cetane, detergent, anti-corrosion, etc....

·
993 Posts
The winter blend. I just want something for wintertime to keep it thinned out a little & prevent gelling.
Man made global warming is a thing of the past now. It's history! :D
We done cooked the ozone so bad with our C02 emmisons that the sun spot activity have even stopped. Dad gum that mankind anyway we just screw up everthang.
Ice age number 3 here we come!

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
I hear ya,

I just had a fuel analysis done on #2 diesel with Schaeffer's winter blend formula here in South Dakota. At the recommended treatment ratio of 1 gallon to 1,000 gallons of fuel - the CFPP (cold filter plug point) was measured at -22 degrees F.

·
993 Posts
Heck thats' good ain't it!
Thanks for the re:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts