Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, looking for some advice here. I have a 2002 F250 with the 7.3, with the CEL on. My wife bought me a ScanGauge 2 for Fathers day. It connects to the PCM and I can read data like TFT, votls, etc. When I scan the truck for codes, it tells me that there isn't any stored or pending codes. Can anyone help as to why this is?

Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
If the ScanGauge2 is a parts house style reader then it will not do the job. Kindly thank your wife for thinking about you and return the Scangauge to the store. As I understand it, our 7.3 diesels operate on a "heavy duty" diesel protocol which is not OBD2 compliant (it does use the same communications bus). Get your self FORScan (forscan.org) and either a usb dongle like a OBDLink EX or a wireless/bluetooth BAFX (bugman and several others like this one) to work with your phone.

Cj

·
Administrator
8,274 Posts
Yeah the scan gauge can’t read the 7.3 codes. It works ok for monitoring the vitals.

Google superduty diagnosis on the cheap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 99 7.3. I use the torque pro app that does a good job reading live data. I use the car gauge pro app to pull codes. Along with a low cost ($15) dongle.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had an original ScanGauge, and it's good tech, but not fully-compatible with these old diesels. It would read SOME codes & display SOME live data from my old GM diesel. It crapped out before I got this truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts