Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
In my opinion AE is probably over a novice skill set to use. It's pretty in depth and can do a lot. If your just using it to pull codes there are cheaper options out there. I use my SCT livewire tuner as my scanner, haven't had any issues yet. My skill set is abit above novice so if I have a code my SCT won't find I do have a scanner that will find it, but in all honestly if I have to break out that scanner then the truck is probably going in the shop anyways. With my SCT I can look at ALOT and get a view of how the truck is running, how my injectors are doing, how my ficm is, all kinds of stuff and it's easy to use. The AE program I got rid of I simply didn't like it. But that's my opinion, there's several people on here that really like.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have changed out the Tranny oil and filter in my '04 6.0 and it is running just fine. I intended to install a tune using the Superchips Flashpaq 1842 after putting about 500 miles on the tranny. I did the tune today after 400 miles and used the "performance" tune. It really upped the power, more than I expected. I got on the computer to find out how many horses it added and I found it added 111 horses. I was expecting something on the order of about 40 horsepower boost. Do you think 111 extra horsepower on an essentially stock engine is too much. Please advice. The truck is running fine, I just have an uneasy feeling. Thanks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have changed out the Tranny oil and filter in my '04 6.0 and it is running just fine. I intended to install a tune using the Superchips Flashpaq 1842 after putting about 500 miles on the tranny. I did the tune today after 400 miles and used the "performance" tune. It really upped the power, more than I expected. I got on the computer to find out how many horses it added and I found it added 111 horses. I was expecting something on the order of about 40 horsepower boost. Do you think 111 extra horsepower on an essentially stock engine is too much. Please advice. The truck is running fine, I just have an uneasy feeling. Thanks.
Blown head gaskets are probably in your future IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.