Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IS it worth just buying a scan gauge to monitor my trans pyro and boost or just get gauges?? Also who makes a good scan gauge??

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
aeroforce makes the scan gauge, and I just got one and I must say they are worth the money. They not only will tell boost, trans and pyro but they tell ya everything that the pcm sees, reads and clears dtcs, can tell ya 1/4 and 1/8 miles times and speed.

But I also have boost pyro and trans temp gauges, I got the scan gauge to monitor other stuff so in my book its better to have the normal 3 plus the scan gauge.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
they will read the boost off of the map sens, egt you would need the probe and I believe an adapter. I would consider running just the scangauge if I didn't already have trans, boost, and egt separate.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Problem with a scan gauge... If you use it for your boost reading it will only read as high as your boost fooler is set for. What ever max boost your PCM see's is what you will see.

As well it is a known fact it is easier and quicker for the human eye to read a analog gauge then a digital readout. This is why to this day most aircraft continue to use a sweeping needle rather then a digital display.

Scan gauge is great for a back up gauge, or to use for a HPO or Duty cycle, but I would not want one for a EGT gauge or Boost...

This is just my opinion, but I do have a scan gauge in both my rig and my wifes excursion.

·
Registered
15,561 Posts
Problem with a scan gauge... If you use it for your boost reading it will only read as high as your boost fooler is set for. What ever max boost your PCM see's is what you will see.

As well it is a known fact it is easier and quicker for the human eye to read a analog gauge then a digital readout. This is why to this day most aircraft continue to use a sweeping needle rather then a digital display.

Scan gauge is great for a back up gauge, or to use for a HPO or Duty cycle, but I would not want one for a EGT gauge or Boost...

This is just my opinion, but I do have a scan gauge in both my rig and my wifes excursion.
I got mine to read and clear codes also but mainly to watch my ICP duty cycle and to know when certin stuff was up to temp.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts